"What kind of Anarchist are you?" quiz - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Meslocusist
Anarcho-Communist
85%
Anarcho-Syndicalist
40%
Christian Anarchist
30%
Anarcha-Feminist
30%
Anarcho-Primitivist
20%
Anarcho-Capitalist
10%

Honestly I'm surprised that I was 30% Christian Anarchist (I'm about as atheist as you can get), although not so surprised that I was Anarcho-Communist above all else (I'm not a Marxist, though).
By Evilive
You Scored as Anarcho-Syndicalist
Anarcho-Syndicalism is the anarchist wing of the labour movement. Syndicalists believe in workers' solidarity, self-management and direct action. This movement is most commonly associated with France and key thinkers include Rudolf Rocker.

Anarcho-Communist
80%
Anarcho-Syndicalist
80%
Christian Anarchist
55%
Anarcha-Feminist
45%
Anarcho-Primitivist
45%
Anarcho-Capitalist
0%

I guess I favored Syndicalism in the tie breaker.
By FeralFantom
You Scored as Anarcho-Primitivist

Anarcho-Primitivism questions not only the state and capitalism but all the institutions which make up 'civilisation' including technology. It is perhaps the most recent development within the anarchist movement and key thinkers include John Zerzan.

Anarcho-Primitivist
95%
Anarcho-Communist
85%
Anarcha-Feminist
60%
Anarcho-Capitalist
20%
Anarcho-Syndicalist
20%
Christian Anarchist
10%

I have actually taken this before. Needs more options, although this would mean more questions and I could see it getting annoyingly long.
By Plaro
This is non-sense.
Anarcho-Communist
100%
Anarcho-Syndicalist
60%
Christian Anarchist
40%
Anarcha-Feminist
20%
Anarcho-Primitivist
20%
Anarcho-Capitalist
0%
By Quantum

Anarcho-Syndicalism is the anarchist wing of the labour movement. Syndicalists believe in workers' solidarity, self-management and direct action. This movement is most commonly associated with France and key thinkers include Rudolf Rocker.

Anarcho-Syndicalist 100%
Christian Anarchist 45%
Anarcho-Communist 45%
Anarcho-Primitivist 30%
Anarcho-Capitalist 20%
Anarcha-Feminist 10%

This is pure crap although I am sympathetic to syndicalism.
By El Gilroy
Mmmmeh. AC.

Anarcho-Communist 80%
Anarcha-Feminist 50%
Anarcho-Primitivist 45%
Anarcho-Syndicalist 25%
Christian Anarchist 25%
Anarcho-Capitalist 20%

I was a little put off by the many questions directly refering to feminism. Is this such an issue? Can't we just be "man or woman, doesn't matter" on this issue, instead of it being an entire ideology? :eh:
By Onomautopia
Anarcho-Syndicalist 80%
Anarcho-Communist 45%
Anarcho-Primitivist 40%
Anarcho-Capitalist 30%
Christian Anarchist 20%
Anarcha-Feminist 10%

I'm no Anarchist, but as a fan of trade unionism the high syndicalist score makes sense.

"Anarcha-feminism" seems like a total joke though.
By JimmiBaez
MistyTiger wrote:I'm not sure what primitivism is.

It's ridiculous. The Unabomber was a primitivist.

http://libcom.org/thought/anarcho-primi ... -criticism

It is unfortunate that some anarchists who live in the most developed, most wealthy and most technological nations of the world prefer to play with primitivism than getting down to thinking about how we can really change the world. The global transformation required will make all previous revolutions fade into insignificance.

The major problem is not simply that capitalism has been happy to leave a huge proportion of the world's population in poverty. The problem is also that development has been aimed at creating consumers for future products rather then providing what people need.
By ninurta
You Scored as Anarcho-Capitalist
Anarcho-capitalism is perhaps more closely linked the libertarian tradition than anarchism as it favours a free market and a stateless society. Private businesses would replace the functions of the state. This form of anarchism is largely an American phenomenon and first emerged in the 1950s (although it arguably has its roots in 19th century individualist anarchism and classical liberalism). Key thinkers include Murray Rothbard.

Anarcho-Capitalist 100%
Anarcho-Primitivist 25%
Anarcha-Feminist 10%
Anarcho-Syndicalist 5%
Christian Anarchist 0%
Anarcho-Communist 0%

This is so funny, because I am not even a anarchist. Just a libertaran.
By El Gilroy
ninurta wrote:This is so funny, because I am not even a anarchist. Just a libertaran.

Frankly, Anarcho-Capitalism and Libertarianism are more closely related to each other than any other ideology is to one of them.
By ninurta
I am aware, but we are the smarter bunch because we libertarians know that the state is a necessary evil.
By Northern-Anarchist-X
So you compromise or are unwilling to consider alternatives to the state simply because the status quo is statist society and has provided "acceptable conditions," because nothing current can ever be totally wrong?

I feel like I'm missing something. Especially because state-less society has existed before. Anarchist Catalonia, for instance. It worked reasonably well with the exception that three largest war machines of the era were all on the other side.
By El Gilroy
ninurta wrote:I am aware, but we are the smarter bunch because we libertarians know that the state is a necessary evil.

And the anarcho-capitalists know that the state is an unnecessary attempt to do good. Neither is smarter, both are advocates of a crapsack world, only one party wants less transparency and individual safety, and the other wants more monopolised, corrupt power.

Northern-Anarchist-X wrote:I feel like I'm missing something. Especially because state-less society has existed before. Anarchist Catalonia, for instance. It worked reasonably well with the exception that three largest war machines of the era were all on the other side.

That, and the paris commune, are the grand historical tragedies of of anarchism (and near-anarchism). They actually worked, and their downfall was that they were not as violent, aggressive and blindly savage as the governments they split from.
By DubiousDan
You Scored as Anarcho-Primitivist
Anarcho-Primitivism questions not only the state and capitalism but all the institutions which make up 'civilisation' including technology. It is perhaps the most recent development within the anarchist movement and key thinkers include John Zerzan.

Christian Anarchist
0%
Anarcho-Syndicalist
0%
Anarcho-Communist
0%
Anarcha-Feminist
0%
Anarcho-Primitivist
0%
Anarcho-Capitalist
0%

Me:
If you notice, I scored zero on Anarcho-Primitivist, then I became one in response to one answer on the tie breaker.
Surprisingly I agree with most of the Anarcho-Primitivist positions, it’s only on the solutions that I differ. Man is the technoprimate. Whether he likes it or not, that’s his game. So technology is the game. Unfortunately, it will probably destroy him. However, if he gets it right, it will take him to godhood. The problem is, he’s just a clever monkey, and not a god.

99.99 % for extinction, 0.01 % for godhood, it’s my incurable optimism.

I question technology, I don’t reject it, but I question it.
I even created a technological interstellar society without civilization for a novel, but nobody bought it. I don’t think it was the idea, I just can’t write.

Oh, why I scored zero on everything else? The questions were made for conventional Anarchists, I’m not a conventional Anarchist. Most of the questions didn't apply to me.
By DubiousDan
El Gilroy wrote:That, and the paris commune, are the grand historical tragedies of of anarchism (and near-anarchism). They actually worked, and their downfall was that they were not as violent, aggressive and blindly savage as the governments they split from.

Me:
They didn’t work. No attempt at Anarchism has ever succeeded in the context of civilization. A mob is not an Anarchism. A militant faction fighting for survival is not an Anarchism. A temporary transitory group is not an Anarchism. In order for a social order to be defined, it has to be reasonably stable. Yes, Anarchy is an exception, the term can be used for the absence of order, but that’s not an Anarchism.

The polar Inuit of Greenland were an Anarchism. They lasted for centuries in Greenland, perhaps for millennia outside of Greenland. However, they weren’t civilized. That’s why they were able to be an Anarchism.

Anarchism is probably the longest enduring social order on Earth. However, it endured before civilization and outside of civilization. Civilization is based on coercion, so how can you have a civilized Anarchy?
By DubiousDan
ninurta wrote:I am aware, but we are the smarter bunch because we libertarians know that the state is a necessary evil

Me:
The civilized state is necessary for capitalism. Capitalism requires contract slavery, and contract slavery requires that resources within the state be denied to the prospective slave so that the only reasonable alternative is contract slavery. Without capitalism, and Humanity has existed a very long time without capitalism, the state is not really necessary. However, the stateless state allows slavery to be excluded from an area, so it is desirable. Capitalism cannot coexist with the stateless state because the stateless state prohibits slavery. Neither can civilization, for the same reason.
By SecretSquirrel
You Scored as Anarcho-Capitalist

Anarcho-capitalism is perhaps more closely linked the libertarian tradition than anarchism as it favours a free market and a stateless society. Private businesses would replace the functions of the state. This form of anarchism is largely an American phenomenon and first emerged in the 1950s (although it arguably has its roots in 19th century individualist anarchism and classical liberalism). Key thinkers include Murray Rothbard.

Anarcho-Capitalist 100%
Christian Anarchist 90%
Anarcho-Primitivist 25%
Anarcho-Syndicalist 10%
Anarcha-Feminist 10%
Anarcho-Communist 10%
By Dr House
I think it says a lot about libertarianism that I'm far less compatible with any of the given options (and less able to answer the test questions) now than when I was a libertarian.
By Invictus_88
It's too deeply flawed a quiz to really be reliable. One can deduce a bit from the results, but not much and probably nothing which we didn't already know about ourselves.
By Edmond Dantes

Christian Anarchist
85%
Anarcho-Syndicalist
85%
Anarcho-Capitalist
70%
Anarcho-Primitivist
50%
Anarcho-Communist
50%
Anarcha-Feminist
30%