Wilders Visits Australia - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
colliric wrote:Yes we do, hence he was invited over to speak.

Look up "One Nation party" and "Pauline Hanson".

I know about those groups. If you have them why do you need to bring in this foreign rightist?

GandalfTheGrey wrote:PI, tell me what you think will be achieved by blocking him? It will play right into his little game of the poor whitey victim of muslim apologist anti-free speech brigade. He then becomes a martyr.

No, let him in, expose him for the irrelevance that he is (after last Dutch elections, his party is back on the fringe), and we will all be wondering what the big fuss was about.

I do not know why you turn it into an issue of 'white' and 'non-white'. Anyone who is provoking communal tensions should not be welcome in Australia or New Zealand. What will be achieved by not allowing him in is that relations between the Muslims and non-Muslims in Australia will be better. If he comes and says something stupid it could increase communal tension. Multiculturalism and free speech are not a good mix if all the communities are not integrated as is the case in most Anglo countries which have tried a multicultural system. How can race riots and tense feelings be positive? It will divide Australia further. Remember you had your Cronulla riots in 2005. They are caused by the feelings that people like Wilders create.
By AVT
I argue the alternative that for a truely inclusive and robust society that can absorb criticism and remain intact you need to have free speech, without it you devolve into a censored society with individual groups walking on egg shells around each other. Only through open dialogue are dangerous ideas exposed, try and silence them and they only gain credibility as people love conspiracies.
I do not know why you turn it into an issue of 'white' and 'non-white'. Anyone who is provoking communal tensions should not be welcome in Australia or New Zealand. What will be achieved by not allowing him in is that relations between the Muslims and non-Muslims in Australia will be better. If he comes and says something stupid it could increase communal tension. Multiculturalism and free speech are not a good mix if all the communities are not integrated as is the case in most Anglo countries which have tried a multicultural system. How can race riots and tense feelings be positive? It will divide Australia further. Remember you had your Cronulla riots in 2005. They are caused by the feelings that people like Wilders create.

Well he came and as far as I can tell the sky did not fall. In fact I barely noticed it - and I suspect thats the same experience for the vast majority of Australians. And thats the way it should be. Big brouhaha over nothing. So there goes your argument down the gurgler...

Now, on the other hand what would have happened if he was denied entry? Poor victimised whities like swagman would have been up in arms and stirring a hell of a lot more debate and discontent than this.

Just based on this episode, its pretty obvious what the right approach has been in regards to maintaining communal harmony. What it demonstrates is that our multiculturalist society is far stronger than you give it credit for. We are able to simply laugh this clown out of the country.

Liberia is not indistinguishable from other Afric[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

I don't put all the blame on Taiwan. I've said 10[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities a[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afghanistan defeated the USSR, we are not talking[…]