Ludlam declares victory in the Greens battle over Democracy! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Salohcin wrote:That's a bit harsh. 14 votes is well within the margin of error likely for counting the number of votes within a state.

The short answer is the result is too close to call. WA will have to return to the polls following the court challenge by Palmer/Labor. This may or may not result in a greens senator.

Most likely it will result in a Palmer Senator as it's likely this outcome will reflect badly on the Greens. My point was that Ludlam was clearly, and some would understandably say suspiciously, gloating by declaring "victory" when it's obvious an investigation is needed, followed by a secondary poll, or a reversion to the better original count, frankly that's what I thought was going to happen(pretty logical in my opinion, it's the most complete count) when they said the AEC was going to "declare" it(and naturally Ludlam to launch the legal challenge). I was actually shocked when I heard the report say it was Palmer that is going to challenge legally.

It was disgraceful behavior.

It was a bit funny to see Christine Milne step in and try to save face, at the same time as "celebrate" with Ludlam.

In related news:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-04/w ... ec/5068548

A second chance for Wikileaks!

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]