Palmer's Chinese Mongrels.... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Except for the controversial term, Palmer may have raised legitimate points about China's Communist rule and Western governments have been too silent about human rights issues in China because they are afraid of damaging good business relationships with Asia's biggest economy. The Palmer United party is a very liberal party in Western Australia and it recently elected the first Chinese senator in the state, which shows that Palmer is not particularly racist towards Asians, and his party is also keen on refugee rights. Citic Pacific, a Chinese state-owned investment company, is currently acting as a security operator at the Cape Preston port in Western Australia and he may be deeply concerned about these Chinese corporations operating in his country. It is a strategic mistake for the Australian government to hand over security responsibilities at key ports to foreign entities and the Chinese company's control of the port may pose a national security risk.

On ABC’s Q&A program on Monday night, the leader of the Palmer United party was asked about allegations he siphoned more than $12m from state-owned Chinese company Citic Pacific, through his Mineralogy company, to his fund his election campaign. Palmer strenuously denied the accusation and repeated his claim that media organisation News Corp is just trying to discredit him. “It’s not true, it’s false,” he said, accusing the Chinese of wanting to take over Australian ports and control Australian resources. “I don’t mind standing up against the Chinese bastards and stopping them from doing it,” he said. He then called the Chinese “mongrels,” and when the audience reacted he said: “I’m saying that because they’re communist, because they shoot their own people, they haven’t got a justice system and they want to take over this country.”
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/19/clive-palmer-says-mongrels-tirade-was-not-about-chinas-government-or-people
“I’m saying that because they’re communist, because they shoot their own people, they haven’t got a justice system and they want to take over this country.”

Looks like Australia got infected with a little bit of America.

@ingliz he ignores mixed race people I […]

The assessment I've seen is that it would take[…]

@late The best response to a far Right like a[…]

This is largely history repeating itself . Similar[…]