Somuyrek: We straight up stole the 2014 Victorian Election (Red Shirts continues) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Igor Antunov wrote:Liberals are using this to start another Red Scare campaign. Alongside rapidly growing inflation, accusing the biggest party in the country of Chinese collusion is the perfect storm for runaway polarization and eventual political collapse. Two party systems are so easy to destabilize.

Dan won't go either, so it's a damn stalemate. Labor party could just get rid of him in a leadership challenge, but he's got them doing his every bidding.

Somuyrek is going to join One Nation or Palmer's party soon and his career will continue as a Labor Party whistleblower just like Latham. It's his only choice and they're willing to take him.
It's not like corruption isn't rampant across the board. The old NSW premier just landed an executive position at Optus...after stealing millions from tax payers.

If the worst that can happen in this country to a career corruptocrat after they're outed to the public is an even higher paying job, then perhaps it's time we started looking at option X?

This is no longer mere politicking. Such a system should not be tolerated, it should be abolished and rebuilt.
Igor Antunov wrote:It's not like corruption isn't rampant across the board. The old NSW premier just landed an executive position at Optus...after stealing millions from tax payers.

If the worst that can happen in this country to a career corruptocrat after they're outed to the public is an even higher paying job, then perhaps it's time we started looking at option X?

This is no longer mere politicking. Such a system should not be tolerated, it should be abolished and rebuilt.

One word, @Igor Antunov: revolution. :)
I think at the federal election I'll get the choice of Liu or Yang again.

I'm voting for Gladys at the next election. Australia should shift away from the USA and develop a closer relationship with Russia and China

Like most people living in this seat I don't give a shit about the hypocritical focus on minor connections with overseas organisations linked to the CCP. I give a shit about if locals get adequate representation in the parliament.

That woman is a machine, she is out and about in public at Box Hill every day she's here in Melbourne. Julia Banks spent all of her time in Canberra and barely did jack shit at the local level.
colliric wrote:I think at the federal election I'll get the choice of Liu or Yang again.

I'm voting for Gladys at the next election. Australia should shift away from the USA and develop a closer relationship with Russia and China

Like most people living in this seat I don't give a shit about the hypocritical focus on minor connections with overseas organisations linked to the CCP. I give a shit about if locals get adequate representation in the parliament.

That woman is a machine, she is out and about in public at Box Hill every day she's here in Melbourne. Julia Banks spent all of her time in Canberra and barely did jack shit at the local level.

Economically and security-wise it makes sense to chum up to China. But I'm afraid the populace here is too susceptible to American cold war propaganda. No chance. We will sooner self destruct than allow unlimited prosperity and safety. The problem with dumb sheep is they're dumb...sheep.
colliric wrote:I'm voting for Gladys at the next election. Australia should shift away from the USA and develop a closer relationship with Russia and China

You are betraying yourself in 2019 aren't you?
Patrickov wrote:You are betraying yourself in 2019 aren't you?

I also voted for Gladys last time. Her overseas connections were not public at the time. And she also supported the Hong Kong protestors since she is in fact HK Cantonese. Her "CCP connections" are mostly business related.

Since Gladys was elected three years ago just in my area alone:

- Golden Age highrise and retail development was completed on schedule and under budget. Now what was once an eyesore empty gravel market carpark is now a beautiful looking retail highrise development.

- The local highrise Chen hotel was also finished and opened and is financially successful.

- Major redevelopment of the Box Hill Central Shopping Centre was finally approved. Major parking and retail infrastructure upgrades throughout the entire local precinct to be finished later this year.

- Box Hill Bus station, itself on the Box Hill Central Shopping Centre Roof(yes it's on the roof, they use a dual ramp loop, it was designed like this in the 80s... Train station in basement, bus station on rooftop), now has much need Bird deterrent PT state of the art electronics and anti-bird netting. Important, since bird shit was a real major problem for 30 DAMN YEARS. Roofed bus stop but open air anyway so the pigeons nested there. Not sure who finally fixed this decades old problem, but I bet it was her, she's here all the time.

- Blackburn North shopping centre(near me) also successfully redeveloped and expanded. Retail precinct Burwood Brickworks was also completed on time and on schedule.

- Almost every single park in this region has received federal funding to upgrade the public facilities significantly.

- Glen Waverley, the other major retail area in her seat has also had major infrastructure upgrades in the last 3 years.

- Federal funding secured for the eastern section of the suburban rail loop, the first section to be built. Mostly goes through her seat. Will be opened in 2035, but construction begins this year. The next big train project after Metro tunnel opens.
colliric wrote:I also voted for Gladys last time. Her overseas connections were not public at the time. And she also supported the Hong Kong protestors since she is in fact HK Cantonese. Her "CCP connections" are mostly business related.

Point taken, but the fact that you think Australia "should distance from US and get closer to Russia and China" still sounds a bit contradicting to the above. My apologies if I sound mean.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]