THP - Page 25 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Doomhammer
Alright. All our MP positions are filled once more. The Parliament will be now be awesome again.
By Doomhammer
Does this mean the USS IOWA plan is back?

Commies have no sense of style (their main difference from Fascists) so it's unlikely such a bill will be passed during the reign of the current government.
By Thunderhawk
MB can propose it.
By MB.
I won't be doing that (yet).
By Doomhammer
Should we setup a regency council (lol) or something until Vanasalus pops in and assumes the Chairmanship of THP? Seriously, somebody should become a Deputy Chairman or something. We need a leader at the helm.
By Thunderhawk
If Van is away, then Id like Andres to be interm leader.

His arguments sound to me more emotionally detached then my own.. or for that matter, most others.
Though I dont know how active he is willing to be.

EDIT:
To get around Andres' suggestion, Im editing this old previous post of mine..

I would put a clause on Andres' suggestion such that it is restricted to members of the THP (sitting in parliament or not)
Last edited by Thunderhawk on 19 Jun 2009 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
By Andres
If Van is away, then Id like Andres to be interm leader.
Oh, hell no. I propose either Thunderhawk or Doomhammer. Or we could just move without a leader and be like anarchists and shit, dude. We could be so anarchist hardcore we could support the state without blushing. The easiest option is that the next member to make a post gets the leader position.
By MB.
We could be so anarchist hardcore

Hell yes.
By MB.
More: Everyone should vote against the motions the communists are trying to pass.
By Doomhammer
Let's sleep on the leadership issue, for now.

More: Everyone should vote against the motions the communists are trying to pass.

They're not even proper communists. They're "Communism Lite". They have no policies directed at removing in part or in whole the freedom of worship and use of religious symbols in public places. It's just, "the workers this" and "national id cards that". Sigh. Boring.
By Vanasalus
Hey guys.

My second run of experiments was done. I am back. At least for 1.5 month...

What happened to Falx? Can anyone enlighten me?

And regarding to the leadership... If there is a consensus, I will happily assume the duty.

I will be reviewing the posts of the past month in next few hours. Hopefully, I will have an idea about the current state of the game. Let me see how much the witless commies have screwed up so far.
By Doomhammer
The Commies have announced the time of the next election:

Dear Leader aka Ingliz wrote:The election has been called for Sunday 12, July 7:00 am GMT

Parliament will be dissolved on Saturday 11, July 3:00 pm GMT and so any bills must be put to the vote before Wednesday 8, July 2:00 pm GMT.

Any Party wishing to contest this election must inform me or post their intention in the "Naming of MP's" thread before Wednesday 8, July 2:00 pm GMT.

ingliz, Clerk of the House

It's in the middle of July, when most people will be on holidays and thus participation in PoFo will be at an all time low. I suspect they will turn RoP into a Communist dictatorship in the near future. As demanding as it is, I urge THP and other parties to mobilize all of their resources to increase their votes to combat the Communist threat.

"So what?" You may say. "Doomhammer is just a paranoid lunatic who hates communists and religious people. How do we know that the Communist threat is real?" I assure you that the Communist threat is clear, tangible and deadly. Even a sound member of the SN/RF, the Right Honorable Potemkin, has hinted at his desire to change the democratic regime of our glorious nation:

Link
Potemkin, MP wrote:I am therefore willing to endorse this proposal, with the proviso that it is intended only as an interim measure to ease the transition of our nation from capitalism to communism, from the concept of bourgeois right to the concept of the social individual within the higher phase of communist society, when the abstract concept of 'human rights' will have become both unnecessary and limiting.

In short, abandon democracy, free market economics and human rights.

They've bored us to the point that many of us left, they are turning RoPoFo into a Communist dictatorship. No more! This cannot go on.

----

Whatever the result of the upcoming election, we should take measures to prevent regime change. For this, I propose we add un-amendable clauses to the constitution; articles that define the state and its regime as a democratic, parliamentary, regime. I will also go further and suggest that provisions should be made to ban parties with the intent of changing the said regime - yes, some of you will find that to be undemocratic but is it not a necessary sacrifice to ensure the system will survive?

"We [will be] taking one step backward to later take two steps forward" ;)

*Awaits inevitable response from ingliz that glorifies the "efficient" rule of his party or one that criticizes THP for being useless... a response that will likely be smug, as usual.*
By ingliz
I can't really not have an election unless everyone agrees as it was decided elections would be held every 60 days, give or take 3 days, and Parliament was seated on the 13th of May - It isn't part of some sinister plan - the 12th of July is exactly 60 days from that date.

ingliz, Clerk of the House

ps. Please post your party's intention to contest the election in the appropriate thread. I don't want any problems on election day if parties aren't listed on the ballot.
Last edited by ingliz on 25 Jun 2009 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
By Doomhammer
I don't have a problem with the date of the election. I was just rousing the crowd, as it were. ;)
By MB.
If the electorate of PoFo is stupid enough to reelect the communists for another 60 days I won't be surprised in the slightest.
By Thunderhawk
If the electorate of PoFo is stupid enough to reelect the communists for another 60 days I won't bother anymore.
By MB.
:|
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

The October 7th attack has not been deemed a genoc[…]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]