PoFo Land (or w/e) Geography, Economy, and Demography - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Demosthenes
So, I'm trying to compile this info for a part in the sticky-post.

I don't wanna read through it all because I'm compiling other things as well.

Can someone like...oh, I don't know, Zag...gimmie a summary post?
By Karl_Bonner_1982
About what latitude range does PoFoland occupy? Given the influence of the Gulf Stream, any south- or west-facing coasts below about 45N would likely have a pretty warm climate.
By Thunderhawk
Perhaps some more Spanish and French influence, treating it akin to the carribean colonies, slaves shipped in to work the planation areas but not too much as the land wasnt very ideal. Perhaps rulership of Pofo alternated from one power to another, like some of the Carribean islands, eventually loosing it to the English?

Have a mixed background, that way no single ethnic group would be dominant, and we would have a reason to secede from Britain when/if the opertunity presented itself.

Also, I too would like to know what lattitude. If its low enough, perhaps we can add a Celtic/Basque ancestral element - pofo being a place some of those people fled to when the Romans came.
(Side note, Iceland was inhabited by natives and Celts before the vikings came)
By Karl_Bonner_1982
Here's an idea. Pofo should, historically, be one of the last European/Atlantic lands to embrace Christianity, say some time in the second half of the Middle Ages. And more than any other nation, Pofo merged and intermingled its Pagan and Christian traditions, so much so that various Pagan and Christian holidays began to be scheduled with respect to each other. (Example: in most Celtic cultures the Beltane Fire Festival is held in late April or early May just before the spring cross quarter, but in PoFo the equivalent springtime holiday would be based on the date of Easter - perhaps the full moon after Easter?)
By Zagadka
Here's an idea. Pofo should, historically, be one of the last European/Atlantic lands to embrace Christianity, say some time in the second half of the Middle Ages.

That is about what I did.

"Official" thread on request of Demo, all data to be discussed/decided/approved, I especially need someone familiar with the details of economics (see the bottom, where I'm missing data from usual Factbook entries, like household GDP crap)

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=104406
By Demosthenes
Any economy guys willing to put in some time helping Zag fill in the blanks would be great...like...I don't know, say...Dr. House, or Dave?

I'd like to compile a final post type thing in Zag's other thread once the details are close, and add a post to the sticky entited "CIA Factbook Page"

Some will still object to some details, but that's gonna happen no matter what.

I think this will help if/when new members join so we can just point them to the sticky that already reads "Read me first" :lol: To get them up to speed.
By Prosthetic Conscience
Thunderhawk wrote:Side note, Iceland was inhabited by natives and Celts before the vikings came

Are we still in the PoFoLand fantasy with that remark, or are you claiming that in the real world? If the latter, apart from some myths claiming 'some island' somewhere in the Atlantic, what's your evidence for that?
By Dave
There's a theory that some Irish monks settled in the 8th century, but no evidence to support it
By Thunderhawk
^ aye, its just a theory. But one I entertain for romantic idealism.

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]