Setting up the government of Pofo - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Oxymoron
I think Parties should have internal votes, and the leader will cast the vote for the whole lot.
By Clausewitz
I think it should be up to each party how they do it, and the party leader gets to report the final decision. Parties then could, if they wanted, try holding internal votes on every issue, but I don't think it would work very well just because it'd be tough to get every member on every issue.

So, there's a poll up right now...how long before the poll is closed and results are tabulated and we get our first Parliament? I think monthly elections are reasonable, and I think somewhere between three days and a week is probably reasonable for the time the poll is up before votes are tabulated.
By Attica
(ie no single person going off to vote elsewhere, they must change parties or change their party's platform to change their vote).

I have to disagree with this. Individual party members should be allowed to vote differently to their party especially on issues of conscience. (Abortion etc - they may agree with their party on everything else but may have reservations on an issue - Abortion is being used as an example). MPs should have the right to choose another party's stance on an issue if they deem fit, but if it is more than one or two things on the regular then they should change parties.
By NYYS
I don't know how that work though. Since determining how many seats each party gets is up to an open poll we won't have a direct 1:1 ratio of members to votes. How many votes will each party member get? Who is a party member? How are they different from a regular citizen, who can and will presumably vote for the party they like but not actually participate?
Last edited by NYYS on 09 Apr 2009 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
By Nets
Each party should be allowed to internally decide whether or not vote as a bloc or allow individual voter freedom.

Current Vote:

By Demosthenes
We should wait on an official vote a little longer. Let polling continue as you'd like.
By Dr House
I originally said I'd leave the polls open 24 hours, so I think we should be closing them by now.

Oko, can you make a neat little graph of the election results and seats won like you've been doing thus far?
By Potemkin
As Comrade Stalin once said (allegedly): it is not who votes which counts, it is who counts the votes.

*releases the safety catch on his pistol*
By Dr House
Stalin was absolutely correct.

Which is why I made sure I'm the one counting the votes. ;)
By dilpill
*has a hysterical laughing fit after seeing the the Fascists and PNL each have more votes than the SLD's*

This election is being thrown out right?
Last edited by dilpill on 09 Apr 2009 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr House
Of course not.
By Potemkin
*Potemkin fingers the butt of his pistol while staring at Dr House*
By Gnote
*Potemkin fingers the butt
By Potemkin
*Potemkin's eyes narrow*
By Dr House
*Dr House crosses his arms and quietly moves out of sight, eyeing Potemkin suspiciously*
Last edited by Dr House on 09 Apr 2009 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
By Doomhammer
We should outlaw communist parties. :D No parties making class distinctions can exist.

:p
By Gnote
The SLDs would prefer that class distinctions actually cease to exist.
By Demosthenes
Agreed. I would support Potemkin's pistol discharge in this case...

In English, at least from the 17th century onward[…]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

In "Mein Kampf" he wrote about PR (the […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia wasnt even invited anyway; they were suppo[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

The worst case scenario for the USA is becoming re[…]