Population and Demographics of PoFo? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Mazhi
Who's they?

The international community (IC)

Why would anyone do that? Gypsies are a pest.

In the eyes of the IC, every human is equal.
By Dr House
Mazhi wrote:The international community

Bastards.
By Dave
Mazhi wrote:The international community (IC)

When? And why did PoFo country, which allegedly governed by some kind of corrupt, right-wing dictatorship accept them?

Mazhi wrote:In the eyes of the IC, every human is equal.

But probably not in the eyes of the previous dictatorship.
By Mazhi
It was an oil-for-Gypsies deal.
By Dave
That doesn't make any sense at all. Are you just looking to duplicate Slovenian problems so you have something to relate to?
By Korimyr the Rat
Dave wrote:Of more interest would be the near complete lack of women in Parliament.

Hardly surprising, given historical trends. This is the first election after decades of authoritarian rule; have we even established that women have the right to vote?

If we're all simply "PoFoese", there's really no need for any consideration of our ethnic composition at all. Fictional's fictional, after all, and the only thing left to figure out is how much of our population is non-PoFoese, and whether or not there are any non-PoFoese in Parliament.
By Dr House
Korimyr the Rat wrote:have we even established that women have the right to vote?

Kylie voted. Want me to go tell Dan to delete her vote?
By Dave
Korimyr the Rat wrote:If we're all simply "PoFoese", there's really no need for any consideration of our ethnic composition at all. Fictional's fictional, after all, and the only thing left to figure out is how much of our population is non-PoFoese, and whether or not there are any non-PoFoese in Parliament.

What kind of people the PoFoese are should be defined.
By Korimyr the Rat
Dr House wrote:Kylie voted. Want me to go tell Dan to delete her vote?

You know, I'm torn between my actual position and the position that I am most likely to find amusing.

On the other hand, under-representation of women still makes perfect sense. It is likely that a large portion of Parliament are people who previously occupied government posts. It would likely take several election cycles to correct this... and even then it simply might not occur. Women are under-represented in practically every single government on the planet.
By Dave
I would argue that women are overrepresented in most Western governments.
By The Immortal Goon
We are the pofoites. It seems logical to just assume the members of the board make up the population.

As of now, the government has no organized data on the racial makeup of the board. If there is a policy or census, then we could attempt to conduct one. At the moment, however, unless a policy touches upon the question I see no reason to get in to it.
By Mazhi
Ok fine, no Gypsies!

Not allowing females to vote would be pushing it though, and it doesn't matter that it was a dictatorship till now. Iraq was a dictatorship, and females can vote now.
By Oxymoron
Obviously women should vote as Missy has voted for the PNL.
By albionfagan
Universal suffrage is a must.

Of course any governing body can try and introduce electoral reforms if they wish.
By Dave
Oxymoron wrote:Obviously women should vote as Missy has voted for the PNL.

Also Watermoon. Two-thirds of women have voted for us.
By RonPaulalways
I propose voting be based on level of participation in politics. If you've had more than 20 posts you can vote. This will result in a more informed (and more male) electorate.

We can find a real world analogy to posting on PoFo if we want to keep up the RP.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
I think you should be required to have 200 votes in order to participate in parliament.
By Korimyr the Rat
Mazhi wrote:Not allowing females to vote would be pushing it though...

I'm not saying we shouldn't. I'm just saying it isn't something to be taken for granted.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://youtu.be/iyv3BefvgYQ

World War II Day by Day

“These are the times that try men’s souls. The sum[…]

Wow, maybe "all" jobs have gone to ille[…]

No it doesn't. This conviction has nothing to do […]