Name That Country - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Mazhi
Also one of our MPs is apparently an Islamic terrorist.

Hey, it's Pizza deliverer. 8)
By Siberian Fox
Dave wrote:Rävrike (Fox Realm)

MistyTiger wrote:I like Renardia. Renard is French for Fox.

Thunderhawk wrote:At the moment, it seems like we are a constitutional government with Fox being the despot.. err.. enlightened despot.. king.

Please keep me and references to my user-name out of this. I do not wish to give newcomers the impression that this is somehow officially endorsed by me. Nor am I a fan of personality worship. I'll leave that to comrade Stalin.
By Doomhammer
Diyar-ı PoFo. :D
By peter_co
How about Pofânia? It sounds like a country, incorporates POFO and is somewhat exotic.
By Demosthenes
Bifröst

In Norse mythology, Bifröst is the bridge leading from the realm of mortals to that of the Gods

Some of us do not need the lesson.

Though I agree that this is...ok. Asgard would be best though. (No fancy pants, I don't know the Norse spelling)

That, or Yggdrasil.

Yeah, no one will go for that either.

Anyway, Norse FTFW.
By Demosthenes
So I guess PoFadka is out too then?
By MistyTiger
:lol:

Sorry guys. What I'm driving at is that the name need not be Nordic or French, for any specific reason. It just has to be a name that people can agree on, something that we all recognize PoFo as being.

What is the essence of PoFo? What do all the members have in common?

What about the name Politica? Acropolif?
By Dr House
MistyTiger wrote:What I'm driving at is that the name need not be Nordic or French, for any specific reason. It just has to be a name that people can agree on, something that we all recognize PoFo as being.

You haven't been paying attention.

That doesn't work because we already decided that the parliament doesn't preside over the forum or exist in a vacuum. It's part of a fictional country, with a fictional history, which predominantly features Nordic heritage. Therefore, the name needs to fit into our fictional historical narrative.

Meistro wrote:What's a pederast? Zyx is an example of one :lol:

Kumatto likes little girls. Pederasts like teenage boys. Big difference.

...;)
By Thunderhawk
Bifröst

In Norse mythology, Bifröst is the bridge leading from the realm of mortals to that of the Gods

The rainbow bridge?
I dont oppose gay pride in pofo, but it is not to be our defining characteristic, is it?
By MistyTiger
House, if I wanted to read about this fictional history, where might I find it?
By MistyTiger
Thanks, Dave.

Has a consensus been reached on the demographics and stuff?
By Dave
More or less. No one was really doing anything so I forced the issue, and no one really objected. Zagadka then took my ball and really ran with it, he's done some good work and deserves credit. Many issues need to be worked out, for instance the sector composition of the economy. Also some new member showed up out of nowhere and tried to introduce a Gaelic speaking minority so he could have a Gaelic political party...

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaf[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]