Flags and regions - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Andres
Oxymoron wrote:I like my flag better as it doesnt designate a state approved religion.
It establishes as the official religion German Football. Of course, if it turns out the country was colonized by the Deutscher Fußball-Bund, then the flag would make a lot of sense.
By peter_co
^ Actual Flag of Bhutan.

Is that dragon on roller skates?
By Korimyr the Rat
Oxymoron wrote:I like my flag better as it doesnt designate a state approved religion.

The Valknut is a symbol of Odin. Getting it tattooed on your body dedicates your life to Odin, leading to the joke that it's a Norse symbol meaning "spear goes in here."

I like the yellow, blue, and white cross.
By Dr House
FallenRaptor wrote:I propose the following design:

Denied.
By Thunderhawk
If the country is not based on Rome nor influenced by Roman tradition, then an eagle would seem inappropriate IMO.
By Infidelis
Ran with the Nordic Cross idea:

Color definitions:
Red: To honor the blood that was spilled during the Pofolanese Revolutionary war (if we had one...if not, I/we can think of something else)
Yellow: To celebrate the riches of our land (this is the part where we argue over monetary or more complex/intricate meaning.)
Green: The world's admiration of our country (this can be argued as being too ego-centric as "green with envy" or a more environmentalist meaning of "green" and nature.)

The wolf: An animal found in Nordic folklore, that represents a united pack (an idea "piggy-backed" from Zag in SLD's thread...sorry/thank you?).
By Demosthenes
Oxymoron wrote:Looks more African then Norse.

One does get the sense of being on the Savanah...
By R_G
When the hell did we decide Scandinavia???

When I did my POFO Consensus for the favorite European nation, no Scandinavian country made the final 5.
By Infidelis
Oxymoron wrote:Looks more African then Norse.

I thought that the colors looked that way too, but figured "why the hell not?" I could made the green into blue, but then it would be tough to find meaning behind it....it'd look just like Iceland's flag too.
By Erebus
Infidelis' I like.
By Vanasalus
Given the relatively high numbers of Balkan originated citizens in this realm, I demand one region to be "New Balkans" or "Balkania". :| Then, Balkanites will decide about the naming of towns.
By Ollie Garkey
Infidelis wrote:Ran with the Nordic Cross idea:

Color definitions:
Red: To honor the blood that was spilled during the Pofolanese Revolutionary war (if we had one...if not, I/we can think of something else)
Yellow: To celebrate the riches of our land (this is the part where we argue over monetary or more complex/intricate meaning.)
Green: The world's admiration of our country (this can be argued as being too ego-centric as "green with envy" or a more environmentalist meaning of "green" and nature.)

The wolf: An animal found in Nordic folklore, that represents a united pack (an idea "piggy-backed" from Zag in SLD's thread...sorry/thank you?).

I like this.

ALSO, THE CROSS HAS BEEN AN IMPORTANT SYMBOL FOR PEOPLE OF NORDIC/CELTIC/GERMANIC DESCENT FOR CENTURIES BEFORE CHRIST WAS BORN.

Back when Woden/Odin/Udn was worshiped across the majority of northern europe including the celtic fringe, the symbol of the cross was common.

It was used in the construction of religious sites such as stone circles, of which Callanish is a prime example. Churches would eventually be built on the foundations of the older, pagan, cross shaped religious sites. In fact, several cathedrals are built within the confines of some of these stone circles.

This is a pre-christian symbol, but the symbol gained new meaning to the celts and other pagans with the introduction of christianity, and the emphasis placed on the cross within the christian religion.
By Rancid
My flag would have bombers dropping napalm on innocent children.
By The Immortal Goon
Dave, when faced with the Israeli flag, wrote:i will emigrate and take all my capital with me if that becomes our flag

This is a pretty good endorsement for the Israeli flag. ;)

Cascadian Revolutionary Flag. If nothing else, as one of four residents of the Cascadian province of Pofolandia, I declare this our regional flag.
By Infidelis
The Immortal Goon wrote:

Cascadian Revolutionary Flag. If nothing else, as one of four residents of the Cascadian province of Pofolandia, I declare this our regional flag.

Where's Doug?

And did four people get Cascadia into their bios?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wait, what ? South Korea defeated communists ? Wh[…]

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]