Manifesto of the Workers’ Group of the PoFo Communist Party - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By ingliz
I am still an MP and have a perfect right to fuck up your game whenever I please: Read your "Constitution".
By Donna
Give it a rest, boy rebel, before you start pissing off your own party.
By ingliz
:lol:

"Donald

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:31 am

With 48 hours having passed since I designated this vote (with no participatory result) and Dan's vote of confidence for the two opposing coalitions now officially under way, I will now assume full leadership of the PoFo Unity Coalition. Any dissent on the matter should be taken up directly with me via PM where it will be discussed, as I will now be voting as a bloc for the PUC and PUC-L."

At least I have a Party.

(with no participatory result)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 26 Apr 2009 10:01, edited 2 times in total.
By ingliz
Donald:

I was asked by my Party to play silly beggars to show up the gaping holes in the interim constitution and stimulate debate. The game had died and it was hoped that my antics would breathe some life into it.

I have done that at least. :p

ps. As my job is done and you still want to play using the same deeply flawed rules there is no point in participating. The Alliance has the most active membership and yet your game nullifies their contribution by allotting 13 votes to one player(yourself), 16 votes to 5 players (SLD), 13 votes to 2 players (PNL), 4 votes to 1 player (PoP), etc etc. All we ever wanted was a game that respects democratic principle and active participation. We seem to be getting neither and so unless this game is rejigged why bother playing?
Last edited by ingliz on 26 Apr 2009 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
By Donna
You sure like the snicker at others. You're one of the scoffers and mockers that the Bible warned us about.

I was asked by my Party to play silly beggars to show up the gaping holes in the interim constitution and stimulate debate. The game had died and it was hoped that my antics would breathe some life into it.

Like everything else in this game, one event is causative to the next. The need to allow the creation of minority governments had become quite bloated and you quickly took advantage of this interim amendment. Maybe you were testing the constitution and 'reviving' the game, but now members of SN-RF-THP are threatening to quit because of the matter of bloc voting, which would not render your government confidence because that was the way the election turned out. Your behavior was entirely unbecoming of good sportsmanship.

ps. As my job is done and you still want to play using the same deeply flawed rules there is no point in participating. The Alliance has the most active membership and yet your game nullifies their contribution by allotting 13 votes to one player(yourself), 16 votes to 5 players (SLD), 13 votes to 2 players (PNL), 4 votes to 1 player (PoP), etc etc. All we ever wanted was a game that respects democratic principle and active participation. We seem to be getting neither and so unless this game is rejigged why bother playing?

For someone who set an arbitrary and haste deadline for the Grand Coalition to announce a government, it's awfully hypocritical for you to bitch about bloc voting.
By pikachu
A letter from the public to the SN-RF leadership.

Here's our proposal on the future direction of SN-RF with regards to parliamentary participation. Stop playing separatism and accept the current rules even if they put you at a disadvantage and even if they contradict your notion of how the game should be played. It is foolish to expect the game of this sort to always work the way you want it to work, or to expect your adversaries not to try marginalizing you by any means available. Walking out of parliament or ignoring the parliamentary procedures will only give the ruling coalition a carte blanche to pass any legislation they want, including the ones which would outlaw your party permanently. Since this game cannot stimulate an uprising or public dissent, this would mean an end of your participation in politics, and a grave betrayal of the left wing cause, of the working class, and of all the individuals who voted for you.
We the public are hoping that your conscience will prevent you from going in that direction, but we are seeing disturbing signs which suggest you may be considering this option.

We insist that you stay in parliament as a legal force of opposition and work to sabotage the government by any means at your disposal. You can use your numbers in parliament to defend the interests of your electorate, even if you cannot outlaw bloc voting. The superior active participation of your MPs and supporters will make itself visible at the very next election, which the opposition will lose unless they mobilize their forces. The same result may occur if you succeed in scheduling a referendum on the issue. If your adversaries prove themselves incapable to maintain active participation, your side will win. If they are capable of participating sufficiently actively in such crucial situations, then your case is invalid.

Best of luck, Pofo public.
By HoniSoit
pikachu - you completely missed the point. Please read carefully my arguments against block-voting in the last page.
By pikachu
HoniSoit, I have read your arguments against bloc voting on the previous page prior to addressing your party and I assure you that I haven't missed anything. On the contrary, I think you have missed my point. In particular, this sentence: "It is foolish to expect the game of this sort to always work the way you want it to work, or to expect your adversaries not to try marginalizing you by any means available."

But it doesn't matter. It's your decision. I'm not a member of your party and I'm not even in this game in the first place, I'm just observing it and I thought this would be a good place to input my opinion. You're free to disregard it if it brings you any comfort about your decision.
By Dr House
ingliz wrote:The Alliance has the most active membership and yet your game nullifies their contribution by allotting 13 votes to one player(yourself), 16 votes to 5 players (SLD), 13 votes to 2 players (PNL), 4 votes to 1 player (PoP), etc etc.

You're missing the point. Either we allow this or there's absolutely no point to having elections, because the parties are not proportional in size to their support at the ballot.
By ingliz
If a parliamentary party cannot get its MP's to vote in the chamber then it will not win many 'votes'. This game was not set up with a separate electorate, the MP's are the electorate, the electorate is the parliamentary party and so yours is a particularly silly argument.
By Demosthenes
And it's moot at this point, because new rules are coming soon. Bloc, voting, more accurately called absentee-proxy voting will not be allowed, though true bloc voting will.
By Zyx
Demosthenes, consider some of the game rules that I was proposing when coming down with rules, k?
By ingliz
Demo:

If bloc voting is not allowed why is it being used in the coalition vote thread?
By HoniSoit
pikachu wrote:In particular, this sentence: "It is foolish to expect the game of this sort to always work the way you want it to work, or to expect your adversaries not to try marginalizing you by any means available."

If you can just suspend your judgment about me or my motivation for a while, you can see my proposal to ban block-voting is based on the fact it's bad for the game and I have provided apt amount of arguments for thar. If you want to argue why block vote is neutral or even good for the game, you are very welcome to do so.
By Figlio di Moros
ingliz wrote:Donald:

I have done that at least. :p

What makes you assume that Fasces doesn't have the support of Kilgore, Cuban Pride, or I when he submits a bloc vote?
By Demosthenes
ingliz wrote:Demo:

If bloc voting is not allowed why is it being used in the coalition vote thread?

It will all be addressed shortly, I'm finally home and done with errands and can now better concentrate on straightening things out.
By pikachu
you can see my proposal to ban block-voting is based on the fact it's bad for the game and I have provided apt amount of arguments for thar.
/facepalm. Never mind, just never fucking mind.
By Donna
ingliz wrote:If a parliamentary party cannot get its MP's to vote in the chamber then it will not win many 'votes'. This game was not set up with a separate electorate, the MP's are the electorate, the electorate is the parliamentary party and so yours is a particularly silly argument.

There are plenty of people who voted but are not really participating in the game. They more or less make up 'the electorate'.

This also needs to be addressed.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Not in this case. Israel treats the entire Palest[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]

I spent literal months researching on the many ac[…]

meh, we're always in crsis. If you look at the […]