PUC_L/R-SLD-PNL - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Attica
I'm sympathetic to this idea.

Cosign. More than the CA.

My only problem would be, how does the SLD divide up...
Last edited by Attica on 13 Apr 2009 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Doesn't sound free for me. Sounds like Authoritarianism under a Central state. Early mercantilism is why we had the American Revolution.

Hardly, and hardly. What caused the American revolution is a desire to retain the autonomy of their mercantilism. In essence, they wanted the power to impose their own tariffs. The reason we are neo-mercantile is because we prefer sovereignty over globalism.

BTW, did Gnote endorse the SLD policy of freeing its MPs?

I hope not. If he didn't and then ends up siding with us, he'll have free reign over the votes and won't have to award any seats to people who will betray the party.
By Infidelis
I join my fellow SLD members, Attica and Paradigm in having interest in sorting out the specifics of forming this coalition.
By dilpill
Count me in too.
I hope not. If he didn't and then ends up siding with us, he'll have free reign over the votes and won't have to award any seats to people who will betray the party.

Chances are, actually, that Gnote would side with the SN leaning faction of our party.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Then couldn't someone usurp him as leader of the SLD? I mean, someone has to step in and make a decision about alliances, and I think it should be the part of the SLD with popular support. Chances are that the people who voted for the SLD weren't planning on voting for a leftist party but for a center-left party. Perhaps a referendum can be had or a party split can take place?
By dilpill
That's actually a good idea. Too bad nobody has really spoken up about wanting to be party leader since Gnote has been gone.

I nominate either Paradigm or Attica.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
I've always seen Paradigm as the lovable face of the center-left. Sort of like a liberal Big Brother.
By Attica
Then couldn't someone usurp him as leader of the SLD? I mean, someone has to step in and make a decision about alliances, and I think it should be the part of the SLD with popular support.

We do not usurp in the SLD. We are 'Fresh Thinking' in Politics, not the old machine style structure of years past! :p

I have put it to the SLD that if a split occurs we should fairly divide the seats/votes up in proportion to the division.

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

https://twitter.com/alianfromspace/status/17847402[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 29, Monday Empire’s air training scheme ta[…]