Ban on censorship in the name of democracy and liberty - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
To my horror, there have been plenty of talks of censuring certain parties, individuals and actions that are deemed "inappropriate" by some of our politicians. I see this as nothing but a way of gaining the support of the fascistoid and crypto-fascistoid members of our society, and of a way of eventually going back to where we used to be - in a bloody dictatorship!

My fellow citizens, if we want to live in a truly free, equal and prosperous communisty, we have to establish some sort of Constitution where basic rights such as freedom of speech and association are guaranteed to everyone, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or political persuasion. May their views be as absurd as some think they are, they should have the right to express them publicly.

I encourage not only members of my party, but of the entire state to support a law banning censorship and similar totalitarian actions, in the name of freedom and democracy!
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
:roll: regardless of your stance on censuring Falx and his party, censuring is a process put in place to make sure that illegal actions are quickly punished within a senate. It's also a useful way of removing MPs from power who go against the parties wishes. FFS there's no need to overreact and ban censuring.
Last edited by Cheesecake_Marmalade on 15 Apr 2009 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr House
Mazhi, censure and censorship are not the same thing.
By Mazhi
Ok, if only I knew the Slovene word for 'censure', then I might know what exactly it means. :| *looks in dictionary* Ok got it.

Nevermind then. :|
By Demosthenes
It was a good effort old bean!

But yeah, it is necessary...

*puts on John Wayne hat*

"In case dem injuns gets outta line..."
By Falx
I don't know what I'm doing so right to piss the centre and the right so much but it looks more and more like the centrist parties only like democracy as long as they get all the votes. Who would have though?
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
It seems like obstructionist parties only like it when they're doing the obstructing.
By Falx
I would like to thank Me. McCarthy, more commonly known as CM, for his valuable contribution in making me realize that this party is exactly what pofo needed.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
8) I don't care who knows it. I will be attacking you every step of the way Falx, mark my words. You won't fuck up the only democracy Pofoland has ever known.
By Vanasalus
I don't know what I'm doing so right to piss the centre and the right so much but it looks more and more like the centrist parties only like democracy as long as they get all the votes. Who would have though?

I think I know the answer. For those guys, what really matter is not the democracy but using their percentages efficiently as bargaining chips. You piss them, because you change those figures considerably.

Do not worry about it. Good work… But much more needs to be accomplished till tomorrow.

God speed.
By Donna

No, it's just that most political parties don't like loose cannons/traitors. A fine example of this kind of censure is Carolyn Parrish's dismissal from the Liberal Party of Canada for openly stating that she wouldn't care if her party lost the election. Usually party expulsion will end someone's political career in parliament anyway, so a formal motion to censure is rarely needed. In any case, you have to be a real troll and all-around dithering, backstabbing jackass in the nation's capital in order to get your representative status revoked.
By Clausewitz
Mazhi wrote:My fellow citizens, if we want to live in a truly free, equal and prosperous communisty, we have to establish some sort of Constitution where basic rights such as freedom of speech and association are guaranteed to everyone, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or political persuasion. May their views be as absurd as some think they are, they should have the right to express them publicly.

What is the position of RF/SN on constitutional amendments to protect those liberties, and to establish a Supreme Court to give force to those protections?
By ingliz
Usually party expulsion will end someone's political career in parliament

Not on PoFo. We have a 100 seat parliament and the electorate number less than 100. The MPs are the electorate, everyone who votes gets a seat. To make expulsion/censure effective you would have to introduce law disenfranchising the loose cannon/traitor (as otherwise he justs vote himself back into your party, or another party, or his own party) but I don't think anyone here will stand for that.
Last edited by ingliz on 15 Apr 2009 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
By Attica
I'm confused, why would anyone want to shut Falx up? Aren't we a democracy here? :roll:
By Falx
Oh you did miss quite a ruckus you did! The PUC and CA's active memebers joined forces to shut me the hell up, I've had death threats from cheese and sephardi and been threatened with censure by Chancellor Clausewitz, even though parliament hasn't even been elected yet! Quite fun really.
By HoniSoit
Clausewitz wrote:What is the position of RF/SN on constitutional amendments to protect those liberties, and to establish a Supreme Court to give force to those protections?

As far as I can see, RF-SN would support constitutional amendments to protect all these liberties Mazhi (plus he's not a member of RF-SN himself) has mentioned.
By Vladimir
And the RF-SN will never allow THP to be censured
By Dr House
Attica wrote:I'm confused, why would anyone want to shut Falx up? Aren't we a democracy here? :roll:

Falx is a wrench on the democratic process. He stands for nothing and his party's sole raison d'etre is to obstruct Parliament's decision-making process.

Besides, this is a representative democracy, and since we're the People's representatives once we're elected we can do whatever the fuck we want.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM […]

So yeah...just read them and you will see the sa[…]

Great news for Mexico! Congratulations, @Tainari8[…]