All Current Sim Players...(MD) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Please read over the revised sticky, and take particular note of Fox's comments regarding the sim that I have made available for the express purpose of making you understand how delicate the sim is as far as the admin are concerned. You may be tired of hearing me say it, but frankly I doubt I can stress it enough. He was part of a sim like this on the original SE.com and it is exactly what caused that forum to crash. His concerns are both valid and understandable given that experience. He pays for this site himself, we should respect that enough, if nothing else, to go out of our way to reassure him that this experience, at worst, will be nothing like the one that ended SE.com. Sticky Found Here.

Do not pm him about any of it, just keep his opinion in mind while posting and playing the game.

Also, several threads have sprung up of late that suggest various ways of playing the game. Some of them include either modding the board or using a third party website. I can honestly say that I speak for Fox when I say: Don't do that. Just don't.

When proposing features/government ideas/propositions/whatever, make sure they fit with the parameters a Mod alone can handle without being worked to death. Make it work "As is" when at all possible.

The one exception I can think of might be if a member had his own personal website/webspace he/she was willing to devote to running calculations/variables/whatever for the sim, and then inputting data, but in even this err on the side of keeping it here when possible. (The example of what *might* be acceptable, I think, is Max's political quiz). If someone was willing to donate something like this it should stay PRIVATE and not be advertised to anyone outside the forum, nor should it EVER become the new home to a sim where members are recruited from this website. The last is 100% guarenteed to end this simulation.

Some topics of late have called for a gamemaster. While I'm personally willing to entertain anything that is fair to everyone, This will be difficult to pull off unless we can find one member to either retire from the sim to be this gamemaster or else delicately find a user who everyone trusts to be neutral to do it. Judging from coalition talks and all the other haggling I doubt this is very likely.

I'm open to anything else the users can conceive that follow all these guidelines.
By Donna
We should at least be able to perpetually edit our posts in this forum. This will become crucial when stickying threads becomes imperative to the game's organization. That's the only modding I request, I don't think it's too much to ask.
By Demosthenes
Donald wrote:We should at least be able to perpetually edit our posts in this forum. This will become crucial when stickying threads becomes imperative to the game's organization. That's the only modding I request, I don't think it's too much to ask.

As much as I appreciate that, and somewhat agree, it's highly unlikely to happen. At least for now. The longer this runs without hassle to Fox the better the chances get that he *might...reapeat might* consider small changes like that.
By HoniSoit
Thanks for the timely reminders, Demo.

As I understand it, you are the only one moderating this subforum.

But given the level of activity, is it possible to have another mod (perhaps from the conservative side) to co-mod it?
By Demosthenes
That was part of what I contacted Fox about.

Basically the answer is: No.

At least for the forseeable future.
By HoniSoit
No problem. I understand Fox's position regarding the sim.

Cheesecake_Marmalade - I was also thinking of Nets or Dan.
By Demosthenes
Dan was my suggestion as well. It seemed appropriate given our mostly opposite positions.

It's not out of the question forever, but for now...

Alot depends on how long we go without major issues, as described in the sticky.
By Subversive Rob
Stipe, Red Star and myself have permissions to mod this board (since it is part of the broad off-topic section).
By Gnote
I can also moderate.
By Demosthenes
No kidding? I had no idea!!!

Well jump in whenever boys!

I don't wanna run it myself. I had no idea there were so many other OT mods! :lol:

I am much relieved!

Main thing is, ENFORCE the tags for now.

As for the sticky, feel free to add or change or whatever. I was just trying to take the initiative up there.

Would be boring without it though. Also how is[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 29, Monday Empire’s air training scheme ta[…]

BRICS will fail

Americans so desperate for a Cold War 2.0 they inv[…]