Parliament to act on nuclear accident in Agunnaryd - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
[OOC]I do not know how this will work, but I'll try to make it work. Parliament here is told to act on the events of a nuclear accident that happened. Following this introduction, I'll explain the incident and hope that the rest of you follow up on it, either as testifying as experts or witnesses, or voting and debating to your heart's merriment. All of which should be done in character--the assumption is that without a tag like [Dr. Ivan Melliker], you're in your biographical character.[/OOC]

[Briefing]A nuclear power plant in development surprisingly detonated without any evidence for foul play. The resulting environmental damage is irrevocable and large, but the people losses were minimal, a hundred-five were affected and three died immediately. Some of the public demands an end of nuclear energy within the nation, others demand higher regulations on the other plants in Onnela. Either way, the public, which is uneasy at the moment, demands a legislative response and lobbyists of all sorts, Pro-Nuclear, Anti-Nuclear and people seeking compensation are present for interview in Parliament.[/Briefing]
By MB.
I deplore what I consider clear evidence of the continuing danger of nuclear power.

How many people were killed in the explosion, and what kind of losses can be expected with regard to contamination?

As developed I think I can vouch for the MP; its platform if implemented would make nuclear power redundant by the judicious use of cleaner more renewable and prolific power generating technology.
By Thunderhawk
I am shocked, shocked, that we are using reactors that can go critical. I propose we stop using American/Soviet style reactors and insted use safer designs akin to, if not actual, CANDUs.

Furthermore, I hope the intelligence service investigates as I for one am sceptical that it was an accident.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

But they didn't. You've can't deny it the Jews s[…]

Wrong! The Chinese used firearms and cannons dur[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://youtu.be/b5lw-aJwID0?si=GqVopecpLKCNATG- […]

Have you ever heard about the Arab revolt? Yes[…]