Grand Coalition government ministry allocation, important - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By dilpill
:eek: Have you ever been to a Public hospital?

We're actually going to fund them well, and we're hopefully going to be better at not sucking at everything than US government. :|

Do you have any thoughts on education?

• We should have a mostly public school system funded by taxes and provided to families free of charge for children ages 3-18, grades K through 12 plus preschool.
  • A national standards board would create relatively high standards that all schools (public and private) must follow.
  • Some private charter schools should be within the public system.
  • School attendance should be mandatory between ages 5 and 17.
  • Teachers employed at public schools should be payed based on the performance of their students.
  • College at a public university should be provided free of charge to any student passing a certain (relatively low) threshold on a national standardized test, with smaller grants provided to students receiving lower scores.
By Oxymoron
Hold on there, we need to help lower income children first and foremost thats why we need a strong voucher program..
By Dave
I thought the point of private school was to get away from all those smelly lower income students? ;)
By Sephardi
Approve but why don't you give the CA Finance and Economy and give Infrastructure away to the PNL. I think it would be better to have good economists run Finance.

But I approve. Let's get this thing underway.

Edit: Why not even up the positions and make a Minister of Interior position and give it to CA?
Last edited by Sephardi on 26 Apr 2009 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
By Donna
I have no problem with PNL, particularly House, holding the finance/economy ministry.
By Sephardi
I think we should make a Minister of Interior and give it to the CA. We are missing a Minister of Interior and we would have 12 positions/3 for each party.
By Donna
Meh... whatev.

We all have bigger fish to fry anyway, particularly in deposing the illegal government announced yesterday.
By Dr House
Sephardi wrote:Approve but why don't you give the CA Finance and Economy and give Infrastructure away to the PNL. I think it would be better to have good economists run Finance.

Well I disagree. Modern mainstream economists on both sides are quacks and intent on selling repackaged government snake oil to the masses. But that's for another thread.
By NYYS
I would obviously like the CA to have those two ministries, but given the small part of this coalition the CA represents it would be unreasonable to expect us at the helm of two of the most important ministries.
By Ombrageux
Congrats.

So is this official, have we had a vote of confidence to install this government? What is this SN-RF/THP nonsense?
By Dr House
Ombrageux wrote:So is this official, have we had a vote of confidence to install this government?

Not yet.

Ombrageux wrote:What is this SN-RF/THP nonsense?

Ingliz established a vote on whether minority governments would be allowed or not. Somewhere in the middle of the second page of it where no one bothered to look for it he added a post-scriptum once the votes were tallied that we had 2 days to form a government or they would. Then they unilaterally decided their government was valid despite not being given a vote of confidence.

Now Ingliz is trolling and I'm doing my best to ignore him.
By Sephardi
Mhm.

But seriously, I think we need Minister of Interior, for things such as citizenship laws and illegal immigration and problems stemming from this. I'm sure Dave would agree.

I want this position. We need to stop illegal immigrants. Remember what happened in 1899? So don't I! But anyways we need somebody for interior. I suggest we give it to the CA so all the positions will even up at 3 per party. We need to decide which CA member would have this and I volunteer myself, King Lord Sephardi (destroyer of illegal immigrants and manager of citizenship), for the position.
By Dr House
We do have a ministry of Justice and the Interior Seph. Dan chairs it.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
Which ministries are mostly responsible for overseeing the various social assistance programs (wage supplements, food vouchers, workfare, low-income education/training grants, etc)? Because that is one area where I think I could be of great use, that and finding out the best way of calculating needed revenues for the programs.
By Dr House
Health and Human Services, along with finance. Wage supplements will probably fall under my purview.
By Infidelis
Sephardi wrote:I suggest we give it to the CA so all the positions will even up at 3 per party. We need to decide which CA member would have this and I volunteer myself, King Lord Sephardi (destroyer of illegal immigrants and manager of citizenship), for the position.

Since when has CA become an advocate of equal distribution? :eh: :p

It would be a redundant position since Dave has the Immigration position.
By Nets
I'd like a Deputy Portfolio in the finance or foreign affairs ministry.
By Dave
Infidelis wrote:Since when has CA become an advocate of equal distribution? :eh: :p

It would be a redundant position since Dave has the Immigration position.

I have Defense. Annatar has Immigration and Naturalization.

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]