Constitutional crisis - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Dave
This needs to be resolved immediately. Tempers are running high, particularly mine. :lol:

First, when did we vote on a deadline? I have no memory of this. Someone please fill me in, and link me to the vote.

Second, the clerk, Dan, needs to be involved in votes to prevent this kind of nonsense again. If you want to hold a vote, please PM Dan!

If we accept the deadline as valid, which is not at all certain, then let's hold an immediate vote of confidence. The reds will lose this, but it will at least shut them up.

Beyond that, we need to adopt a constitution which is clearly understood and prevent clusterfucks like this from happening again.
By Dave
That doesn't clear anything up. First we need to establish that a timeline was even agreed to.
By albionfagan
I agree with this, I think that this has been the result of a weeks worth of dull negotiations which have prevented us from really pushing on into the game. Of course it's understandable that negotiations take time but there needs to be a limit, otherwise people will lose interest and the game will become less interesting..
By Dave
There are now two coalitions ready to go, so no more boring negotiations for anyone. ;) And if need be, I could have a third force together within 48 hours.

And in fairness albion, many of us were hammering out the details of our nation, plus having a bit of fun with roleplaying (biographies).

Now, can anyone please show me where we agreed to a deadline?
By MB.
If you want to hold a vote, please PM Dan!

that's some unilateral rules creation right there brohiem.

Roll with it until Ingliz's constitution is defeated.
By Dave
MB. wrote:that's some unilateral rules creation right there brohiem.

It's called "leadership".

I reviewed the minority voting thread, and there was no vote on a deadline. In the second page ingliz posted:
ingliz wrote:ps. The RF/SN-THP, controlling 36 votes, will form the first government unless a larger voting bloc emerges by Friday morning.

A post scriptum which was not voted on, and which many members including me never saw? How is this a deadline at all? The motion, by the way, was whether or not to allow minority governments.

I can see no basis for the government that has been formed, unless someone can demonstrate that we did agree to a timeline!
By MB.
It's called "leadership".

No, that's unilateral rules creation. For example I should have been forced to "PM Dan" before creating my motion about 72 hours deadlines which you just endorsed.

Stop cheating.
By Dave
MB. wrote:No, that's unilateral rules creation. For example I should have been forced to "PM Dan" before creating my motion about 72 hours deadlines which you just endorsed.

Stop cheating.

Actually we have required the clerk to be involved with votes, and this is not something I invented. I am requesting that people PM Dan, our clerk, in order to eliminate confusion.
By MB.
I am requesting that people PM Dan, our clerk, in order to eliminate confusion.

I presume you have utterly no means of enforcing this request?
By Dave
That is correct.
By Demosthenes
I think in the future, this really is a good idea, providing the clerk remain active. Those proposing legislation should be able to expect a certain timely response, so in the future appointing a couple deputy clerks (including those outside the ruling coalition, based on just who is on alot, and is trustworthy) is probably prudent.

i.e., in this case the motion is sent to Dan. He doesn't respond in 24 hours. The motion is then sent to DC #1 who also doesn't respond in the next 24 hours. Finally DC #2, cerifies that the motion should be posted.

(Though it would help to have a sticky post about what is certified and when, now that I think about it... :?: Crap!)

Anyway, we need more redundancy to keep thiings running smoothly and not hinging on one or two people being online at any given time, but that is still fair.
By Dave
I think Demosthenes as clerk #2 would be satisfactory.
By ingliz
The Government designates the Officers of the House, the Government designated me. I have no objections to Demo being my Deputy, the Government may.
Last edited by ingliz on 25 Apr 2009 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
By Dave
ok bernanke

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]