OT MODS (ONLY- NO POSTING OTHERWISE) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Guys, one of us needs to consider stepping up and being a GM.
Those of note are:

Myself
Gnote
Red Star
Stipe
Sub. Rob

I submit that Red Star has not been very active and doubtfully has the time. Stipe has not participated at all.

Leaving,

Me, Gnote, and possibly Rob.

Erm...talk now.
By Gnote
WTF would a GM do?
By Demosthenes
Gnote wrote:WTF would a GM do?

Run the game without all the nonsense? See above? Order to chaos? I don't know...we're losing it here.
By Gnote
I will do it with two stipulations:

1) It is on a rotating basis. So after, say, 3-4 months, someone else takes over and I can actually participate in the game.

2) I get to make the initial consitution myself. Obviously there would be provisions included for how the constitution can be changed / replaced through parliament etc, but we definitely need a straw dog to start from.

We should wait for some input from SubRob on this. If he is on board, I am willing to GM for the first few go-rounds.

To be honest, I think the process should work something like this:

1) Gnote takes job as GM.

2) Gnote drafts an initial straw-dog constitution. It will look quite a bit like the initial Clauswitz version, with a few slight changes.

3) The results of the previous election are nullified and a new election takes place under the rules provided in the new constitution.
By Demosthenes
I'm not really sure we wanna totally invalidate the elections. I think that might be going backwards to a degree. Also, I'd think this should be more like adding a "God" to the game (in the sense that there is an unseen hand guiding things) rather than a more powerful clerk.

I really think the GM should just lay down the initial rules, establish the land (which is largely done, with some holes)

Settle disputes with finality. (Voting on every single thing is just pointless, no one agrees to be bound by the votes, and you can't vote on how many trees are in PoFoland... :roll: )

Otherwise I'd generally agree with the rest.

I also would want the GM to be sure and be relatively friendly to the players and take suggestions when possible, but ultimately handle things quickly and decisively.

Also, the GM would have to make some kind of commitment, inluding...I don't know, some kind of back up system or other that can handle short absenses and such.

I don't mind getting Rob's input at all here either.
By Demosthenes
First order of business is to do some mass deleting I think...

All these votes and referendums and...outright spam threads. :hmm:

No one seems to know what to vote in and what is just part of the mess.

Look at this shit. This is inexcusable! >: htt[…]

Harvey Weinstein's conviction, for alleged "r[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is pleasurable to see US university students st[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]