Official Gamemaster thread + GM Council (ONLY) - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Dr House
Alright, I can agree to that.
By HoniSoit
House wrote:It could also very well turn Pofo parliament into a Communist one-party state.

No, it wouldn't.

The game needs to be about 'I want something from you and you want something from me so we negotiate' rather than a number of non-ruling parties committed to block government bills in every situation - which is going to be predicable and boring, don't you think?
By Demosthenes
Hey, since it appears with the cross party votes coming in that SN-RF has decent chance of taking power, A question of game mechanics as come up in my mind.

It appears a party could take power and simply sit on it. Essentially doing nothing, and again stalling the game. While I don't think this will happen right away, I forsee a circumstance in...say, midsummer (for instance) where participation could begin to lag. I don't remember reading anything in the interim constitution that specifically requires legislation be passed reguarly, but I think if the party in power fails to sponser a bill in a set amount of time they should have to yield their government to next faction in line. Let's say weekly for instance.

What are your opinions? And for the record, I'd much rather see this as an amended part of the constitution than GM fiat...
By Demosthenes
Gnote- If possible please take over GM duties here for awhile.

I'll not be very available for some time, as it appears now. At least through the summer.
By Fasces
May I petition the GM to allow massive rioting in the streets, attacks on police officers and communists, and other shennanigans of various sorts?
By ingliz
The "game" is over - Article 2.15 of the new constitution. :eek:
Last edited by ingliz on 15 Jul 2009 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
By Fasces
My friend, many a government has been toppled by an angry population. Establishing that constitution would paint a giant target on your back, furthermore, and garauntee NATO involvement in the island (considering we are smack dab in the center of their sphere of influence) in the name of re-establishing human rights.
By Dr House
I would be receptive to parallelism within the game: The commies are allowed their own Soviet republic, while the rest of the parties rule a breakaway republic, where communist parties are banned.
By ingliz
GM wrote:Communist state? Game over right? May as well press the reset button and start all over if that happens. (and put a "1" in the Win column, of course.)
By Oxymoron
False your party is disbanded for illegal anti Democratic practices.
By ingliz
Don't be silly
By Dr House
Suggestion: We dissociate the elections from the actual players, since the demographics of Pofo will not change with the result of government actions. We devise a system to auto-assign seats to different parties, kind of like it's done in Particracy. Seats are then assigned proportionally to members on a vote-by-vote basis.

So far every attempt to force people to participate has failed, many have been counterproductive, and most have been captured (or manufactured) by one side or another to their own political ends, so we abandon that pursuit altogether and just let whoever wants to participate participate.
By Demosthenes
I concur to a degree House, but you need some kind of formula for determining such a thing and that likely will still result in yet more issues.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to just let it go, at least for now.
By Doomhammer
I would be receptive to parallelism within the game: The commies are allowed their own Soviet republic, while the rest of the parties rule a breakaway republic, where communist parties are banned.

I know this is a GM Council only thread but I would like to express my support for the Doc's proposal. It can bring so many possibilities. It would even give us a chance to simulate the Cold War.

Carry on...

so, Belarus , Mongolia , Finland, Japan , Ukraine,[…]

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I […]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]