Game Changes, Updates, Everything else!!! (Comments Welcome) - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Dr House
I think using a presidential system of any kind would be a very fucking bad idea, let alone the American system.

I think you and Gnote are just both trying to use your own country's system, so that you feel comfortable with it.
By Gnote
House,

I am proposing the system that I think will work best in this sort of context.

It is a very simplified version of the Canadian system.

Also, you should note that I am proposing new elections, so that should eliminate the perception that I am showing any favouritism to my own party.
By Dr House
I still think your system would be entirely too unstable for this Parliament house. It's comparatively easy to hammer out a consensus with three other parties. Not so easy to hammer one out with 7 other parties, which subscribe to pretty much the entire spectrum of political ideologies, from the far-right to the far-left.
By Gnote
The increased structure (compared to what existed after the last election) will increase the urgency to work together to form government. That, and the lack of a need for formalized coalitions to exist before a confidence motion can be tabled.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]