Offical SLD Party Thread (Members Only) - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Nets
Why not an SLD/PNL/THP majority government?
By Gnote
Right now, I have no interest in a coalition for coalition's sake. We have to look at our options in terms of what gives us the best chance to achieve our agenda. Therefore, I think it's impossible for us to enter a coalition with the THP, since they have no transparent agenda for us to evaluate.

We will not be entering formal coalitions without explicit terms by which any potential government would operate.
By Okonkwo
Gnote wrote:I think it's impossible for us to enter a coalition with the THP, since they have no transparent agenda for us to evaluate.

They don't look like they are very keen on adopting one. I predict that it would split them, their current unity is very shaky. We'll see how this evolves.

Gnote wrote:We will not be entering formal coalitions without explicit terms by which any potential government would operate.

Who made you interim leader anyway?
Be aware that I will oppose you in any upcoming race for the leadership of the SLDs, if just for the sake of clarifying and getting out my stance. Any coalition with the far-left cannot be tolerated.
By Gnote
Writing off working arrangements with other parties, at this point, would be purely dogmatic.

There is no reason that the SLD cannot work with any and all parties, if those working relationships further our cause.

As I said before, I have no interest in a a formal coalition of any kind. There simply is no combination of parties with which we could coalesce without betraying our values.
By Nets
As I said before, I have no interest in a a formal coalition of any kind.

Who will run the ministries?
By Gnote
We'll see what is proposed by whichever party is first to offer a confidence motion.

I don't intend to micromanage the government. All I want is for the SLD to have a say in which policies are made into the law of the land. If the communists (or the fascists, for that matter) want to propose legislation that furthers the SLD agenda, I see no reason why we should care which communist or fascist is running which department. If they try to pass legislation that is disagreeable, we will oppose it.

We're not in a position to be demanding concessions in order to sit as part of a formalized government. We will make much better hay by having our say on an bill-by-bill basis.
By dilpill
So... How would one become an MP? What, if any, criteria would they have to meet?
By Gnote
I am taking inventory of our party roster as we speak.

I will be selecting a roster of MPs to fill our 4 seats that I feel is:

1) Committed to furthering SLD fundamentals, ideals, and policies.

2) Willing to work within our current context to fulfill those fundamentals, ideals, and policies.

3) Able to commit the time required to do so.

4) Broad enough in collective skill-set to offer a comprehensive shadow-cabinet.

5) Opposed to dogmatic decision-making.
By Nets
I am advising the SLD to vote down the proposed SN-RF legislation proposed here.
By HoniSoit
Dear Social Liberal Democrats,

On behalf of SN-RF, I would like to formally present the SLD with a proposal concerning the confidence vote. As many of you are aware, we have put forth a provisional document for parliamentary consultation. It is a moderate, pragmatic and progressive document that is largely consistent with the policy positions of the SLD. While not everyone would be happy with every single detail, we ask our fellow MPs in the SLD to recognise that it is a first step in the right direction. We would like to work with SLD on social, economic and environmental issues where we share interests and many similar positions.

We also recognise the talent and expertise of SLD MPs and therefore would like to offer Gnote and Zag the Health and Environment Ministries respectively. We believe Gnote and Zag would bring much needed expertises in these two areas, and also assist the government in other areas as well. We are probably the party most respective to SLD's concerns and policy initiatives given our many similarities.

I hope the SLD and its MPs would consider our present proposal and support the SN-RF in the confidence vote. Together we can move the simulation game forward and institute fair and progressive social reforms.

Yours,
HoniSoit
By Zagadka
With proxy from Gnote, I will state that Gnote and I officially support this confidence vote. Honi correctly states, "not everyone would be happy with every single detail" - but that will be true of *every* proposal. The presented document is fair, does not compromise our core beliefs, and grants us further voice. We, in general, oppose a centrist-rightist movement, and with this offer, we assure that we have the balance for these critical early decisions. We need to stand together, make some compromises, and focus on getting things done instead of nitpicking policy.
By HoniSoit
Thank you, Zag.

I just wish to make two more points: 1) SLD members and MPs could criticise the SN-RF government and its policies whenever they find it disagreeable. It is not a coalition, and no one is bound to toe the party line; instead, we hope to work with SLD MPs on a case by case basis; 2) The SLD Ministers have the same rights as all other SN-RF MPs and would enjoy sufficient independence concerning their ministries' affairs including initiating and drafting policies in the SN-RF government.
By Zagadka
Yes, HoniSoit has assured us that there are no "bloc" type requirements in this agreement. No conditions. Even Gnote and I, in our posts, will have free reign to disagree on whatever points. We are not agreeing to supporting anything beyond this issue.

I'd also like to assure you that they have not "bought" votes or support from Gnote or myself with the cabinet positions. We were in agreement before the posts were offered, and would support this move even if we had no assignments; Gnote and I were chosen for merit, not support.

This is the best opportunity we're going to have.
By Gnote
I apologize for my lack of presence over the past few days. I did indeed grant Zagadka permission to assume the SLD leadership role while I was gone, and he has made our position clear.

We will support the confidence motion, in the interest of furthering SLD principles.
By Gnote
By my count, the SN-RF confidence motion has passed, with 16 votes in favour at this point.
By Zagadka
If the current setup holds, we will be able to present two bills. We need to start thinking carefully about what our priorities are and prepare to know them and defend them comprehensively.

I have several, we can talk about it.

- Restrictions on commercial fishing
- Funding of geothermal energy
- Train transit system

Outside of my post in the Ministry, I would also suggest we offer bonds, accept no other foreign aid. We also need to hammer out economic alliances - EU would be ovvious, but I don't think they would accept us. However, we can tweak tariffs and get into their markets.

Tons more.
By Okonkwo
Just to get the message out there: the Marijuana Party represents a United Front of anti-communists. You might consider changing your vote from an insignificant SLD vote to a protest MP vote as dilpill and I have already done.
Of course the party will remain, if the next elections will be held on a fair and honest basis, then we should vote for the SLDs again - as of now, it's more effective to join the MP's fight against ingliz's charade.

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]