Official SN-RF Party Thread (Members Only) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
This thread is for internal RF discussion only. All other posts shall be deleted. Please respect this party's personal privacy.
By ingliz
I have resigned all official party duties as of yesterday but I am still in the game as MP, at least until things are sorted out or until the next election cycle whichever comes sooner, and will vote if needed. I will make a final decision on my continued participation then.
By ingliz
"A Reactionary is a rational moralist combating cultural and political insanity." :p
By albionfagan
I have no idea what's going on anymore...

Demo- Edit: You'll have to read the thread I created which is probably still on the first page. It should explain everything.
By ingliz
There has been a proposal that both parties merge as the "United Popular Front (RF/SN)".

Agree, disagree? A decision has to be made before the new elections. Given a 30-35 seat parliament translating votes into seats would favour one party.

I back this proposal, Honi backs this proposal, as long as the RF is properly represented in the approved list of candidates.

It has been agreed Honi will be 'Party Leader' if this merger goes through
By Gletkin
Sure.
Although thus far it appears that the traditional Marxist-Leninist prediction of history's outcome has been stood on its head: instead of the expropriation of capitalists preceeding the withering away of the state, the state is already dead in the womb while capitalism (and thus the class struggle) continues to exist.
By HoniSoit
The merger has been officially recognised, and make sure to vote for 'SN-RF' rather than either SN or RF in the upcoming election.
By ingliz
Gletkin:

Me, Honi, you, and both Brio, and Albion posted in the thread after the proposal was made and voiced no opposition. That is a majority of the RF. The SN are solidly behind this. Do you want your name put forward to the Party list?
By Brio
Just to make things clear I personally am fine with the merger. I just didn't think to voice this approval (thought it was a given since I already posted after the proposal and didn't voice my disapproval). Although making sure that the former RF members are well enough represented in seats concerns me slightly. I do not want a seat BTW but would like to help the party in other ways (voting obviously, helping draft legislation, maybe a deputy minister in cultural affairs if we were to gain power).
By ingliz
The Party list:

#1 Honi, Party Leader (RF)
#2 Subversive Rob(SN)
#3 ingliz(RF)
#4 Potemkin(SN)
#5 FallenRaptor(SN
#6 Gletkin(RF)
#7 Vlad(SN)

The list as proposed - Under the new system we can expect at least 5 seats, probably 6 or 7, and maybe at a push 8. The list will ensure both wings receive an equal share of the spoils if we win 6 seats. (1 seat = approx 3 votes, we managed 22 votes last time and seem to have around 17 active members now)
Last edited by ingliz on 07 May 2009 12:30, edited 4 times in total.
By Demosthenes
I believe either Misty Tiger or Zyx might be decent as MPs should we collect enough votes. Though both voted specifically SN in the last election. Beyond that I don't think I know the rest of the RF beyond Honi, Brio, Igliz, and... :?:
By MistyTiger
If Zyx wants to be an MP, that's fine by me.

Albion is in the RF, Demosthenes. I don't have all the members memorized either.
By Zyx
Whereas Vladimir did guarantee me a seat provided that I voted for SN, I'll decline. Negotiating legislation with the likes of Dr House and Dave would be difficult given my former reputation as an activist within this Republic. Beside from that, I'm not too familiar with Red or Anarchist politics: I just did activism for the heck of it. I'll just stay in the caucus and follow what I can. Thanks for the nomination, though.

On another note, I propose that we move from the Unofficial merger thread to this one.
By HoniSoit
Brio wrote:I do not want a seat BTW but would like to help the party in other ways (voting obviously, helping draft legislation, maybe a deputy minister in cultural affairs if we were to gain power).

Thank you, Brio. I think the previous arrangement of portfolios is still useful. Though with the changes, we would have far fewer MPs but we do need more members to contribute ideas and help with drafting legislation etc..

Demo wrote:Beyond that I don't think I know the rest of the RF beyond Honi, Brio, Igliz, and...

And Kon, Red Star, Mik etc..

I second all the existing nominations. MistyTiger and Mazhi would also be great choices.
By HoniSoit
Rob wrote:Did we clear up whether non-MPs could be ministers or not?

This has not been addressed formally. But I don't think non-MPs could be ministers. Having said that, non-MPs could work in the ministries as part of the unelected civilian bureaucracy, working with and advising the ministers if we're in government.
By ingliz
Gletkin has accepted the nomination,

The way I see this working is we just work our way down the list according to how many seats we get and so the order is important. Honi and the SN names are in the order they were nominated, the RF have been granted affirmative action to ensure their participation. :p

Any objections make them known.

I think the list of spokesmen should stay the same but Health can come under L&U, Human Resources; Defence and the Interior can merge etc etc. That can wait until after the election but the task is still the same no matter how many seats we get.

Don't strawman me . I don't believe in genetic su[…]

When protesters are arrested, it is cops being vi[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucl[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Speculation is boring and useless. Speculation is,[…]