Stand up against a possible minority government - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Vanasalus
Vanasalus wrote:Article 5/4 of this constitution states: "The party with the largest number of seats as per the clerk's designation has the first chance to form government. This must take place within one week of the clerk's designation of seats." Yet, it does not mention about how.

Gnote wrote:Except there is an entire addendum to the constitution entitled "Formation of Government".

Sir. Article 5/4 is a part of "Formation of Government Addendum". Please learn enough about the constitution that you implemented before. You know damn well there is no whatsoever clue there about whether the biggest party is supposed to achieve a majority by forming a coalition. No, not a clue.

And, I repeat it again. If you are so keen, please go and cast 4 votes of your party for this minority government. Different from us, you do not need to worry about next elections anyway.

Coalition governments are minority governments.

:eek: And, what is next? "War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." ? :roll:

If we are defeated in the confidence vote, and you win a confidence vote, you too will be protected by clause 1(d). Current THP policy is to push directly for a minority government. I could just as well say that the protection afforded by the clause is also your Machiavellian reason for trying to seat a minority government.

Look who is speaking about "Machiavellian reasons".

THP has no whatsoever intention for seeking a minority government under the protection of Article-1D. And, I am pretty much confident that all THP members will vote for scrubbing this grotesque clause from this constitution.

But, you do not. Because, that clause is the main reason as well as life vein of the second coup d’état, you have been trying to achieve. Your first trial was crushed. God willing, this second will be defeated by this parliament too.
By ingliz
So I assume if the SN/RF government collapses the THP will be calling for fresh elections?
By Falx
So I assume if the SN/RF government collapses the THP will be calling for fresh elections?

What government? You have one big party and that's about it.

When you fail it's PNL's and our's chance to form a government.
By ingliz
But then won't you be pushing for a minority mandate and doing exactly what you condemn us for doing. Your "coup" as Vanasalus calls it would be no different from our attempt to form a government.

I am confused as to what the THP is complaining against as your minority government would have all these same constitutional protections if it wins the confidence of the House.

Surely if this was honest you would be calling for fresh elections in an attempt to gain a majority or is a "coup" only a coup when the communists form a government.

THP government:

What government? You have one small party and that's about it.
By HoniSoit
Falx wrote:When you fail it's PNL's and our's chance to form a government.

It's not necessarily a better chance than SN-RF's though.

Anyway, we shall see how things turn out with SN-RF's confidence vote.
By Falx
What government? You have one small party and that's about it.

Iglitz, might I suggest getting out of communist la-la land if you do intend to run a country?

Anyway, we shall see how things turn out with SN-RF's confidence vote.

We shall indeed.
By MB.
SN-RF won the election what the fuck are they doing now?
By ingliz
The seats were finally assigned yesterday. It has only been one day and the constitution, that everyone agreed to, gives a potential government one week to organise a cabinet, draft the initial legislation, and sound out potential partners etc etc. That is what we have been doing. :)
By MB.
Hurry.
By HoniSoit
MB wrote:SN-RF won the election what the fuck are they doing now?

We were delayed first by the late official confirmation of the election results, and then had to resolve a series of disputes.

I think you can expect a confidence vote in the next couple of days.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls , I recall you talking about how they […]

@Tainari88 White people, black music ... Elvi[…]

I already answered this, but here it is again: I[…]

Because it is your argument. Given I've already[…]