Request for Funds for Astronomy Project. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By MB.
If we find an exoplanet to conquistador I want the planet named Planet Claire.
By Zyx
I doubt we'd fun extra-terrestrial conquistadoring. I doubt we'd even compete in a space race.
By ingliz
Zyx:

This is Vera's responsibility not yours, but if you are only voicing your opinion and not making up government policy on the fly carry on.

MB:

DIESEL ELECTRIC MIDGET UBOATS

Hybrid hydrogen fuel cell propulsion system - The stealthiest subs ever built, the US Navy have admitted they can't track them, "virtually undetectable".

Hardly midget - Length 64m, Height 13m
By Doomhammer
We should build this.

Aye! We should also improve the education system by reshaping curricula and introducing new scholarships to raise new generations of mathematicians, physicists and engineers. Let's build massive planetariums and new schools like they did in US in 1960's. Yeah!

8)
By Vera Politica
I will keep this in mind. The project was abandoned by Europe because the costs were considered 'too high' and the estimate is for 60m.

Doomhamer, the government has already gone to great lengths to encourage short-term growth in the sciences. See our education bill. Moreover, the government is well aware of the disadvantages of only focusing on scientific disciplines, like mathematics, physics and engineering. Both mathematics and engineering focus on long-term, since the government is well aware that current research in mathematics and theoretical physics is of no direct application in any technology and is purely theoretical. This government, in the long term, will also not want to understate the importance of so called 'liberal arts' disciplines which, in many respects, would foster more intelligent and analytical youths entering into 'scientific' fields and will promote critical and creative thinking, both indispensable for ingenuity.

The short-sighted focus on just mathematics, physics and engineering is indicative of a false idealism, prevalent in capitalist/mechanistic industry. A more holistic and complete approach is necessary for the development of civilization.
By Doomhammer
Doomhamer, the government has already gone to great lengths to encourage short-term growth in the sciences. See our education bill.

It isn't enough.

The short-sighted focus on just mathematics, physics and engineering is indicative of a false idealism, prevalent in capitalist/mechanistic industry. A more holistic and complete approach is necessary for the development of civilization.

You misunderstood me, or I failed to convey what I wanted (i.e. I had a "Vladimir-moment"). Improved curricula would be for all fields and sciences. I specifically mentioned the said professions because they are relevant to the project.
By Vera Politica
It isn't enough.

Considering the small amount of time that this government has been in power, it is a good step.

You misunderstood me, or I failed to convey what I wanted (i.e. I had a "Vladimir-moment"). Improved curricula would be for all fields and sciences. I specifically mentioned the said professions because they are relevant to the project.

oh ok, I apologize :)

'State of panic' as Putin realises he cannot wi[…]

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]