Boring simulation act 2009 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Doomhammer
Aye.

This is the most interesting thread in quite a while.
By Andres
Aye, for this we might as well just have remained with the party block vote.
By MB.
You can't really blame the communists. The fault is ours as the opposition has enough seats to block every vote attempted by the communists. The problem is that after the election the opposition just fucked off- what happened to the so-called "Pan Nationalists," LC, CA and the rest?
By Brio
Aye, although Ingliz seems to be having a grand old time playing mostly with himself. :|

MB. wrote:The fault is ours as the opposition has enough seats to block every vote attempted by the communists. The problem is that after the election the opposition just fucked off- what happened to the so-called "Pan Nationalists," LC, CA and the rest?

I concur. I guess this is more realistic simulation than I thought, as only half the people can be arsed to vote.
By MistyTiger
I'm amazed at the speed that Ingliz is just cranking out these bills.

Brio wrote:I guess this is more realistic simulation than I thought, as only half the people can be arsed to vote.

Yeah. I agree. :lol:
By Cartertonian
I'm afraid I stopped following the PoFo Parliament after the 'Clerk of the House', the aforementioned Ingliz, got all pissy with me about one of his precious 'MPs only' threads.

So, when MPs who's responsibility overlaps with my real-world job (military/healthcare),and who know fuck all about their brief start talking utter bollocks, no more will I leap in and generously give my time to attempt to correct them.

It's a waste of fucking time if only the 'elite' are allowed to play, Ingliz!!! :roll:
By ingliz
There is nothing to stop you registering a party and contesting the upcoming elections, or you could join one of the estabished parties as an active member and gain a seat that way, and then you can "leap in" wherever and whenever you please. :)
By Sephardi
Let's just make a new election.
By ingliz
The elections are being held on Sunday 12th July, next week.

At the moment two of the established parties, the LC and CA, have not registered their intention to contest but there is still time.

If you wish to register a party please do so by posting in the Naming of MP's thread before Wednesday 8, July 2:00 pm GMT.

All parties, new or old, can take part if they register.

If they do not register they will not be included on the ballot.

No exceptions will be granted.

Please pop into the thread and make your parties' intentions known.

ingliz, Clerk of the House
By ingliz
Article 5. Formation of Government Addendum wrote:1) Election occurs.

2) The clerk counts all votes, determines which are legitimate, and which are spoiled ballots, and then distributes all of the seats in parliament based on the percentage of the vote each party received in the election.

To determine which votes are legitimate there must be some criteria, otherwise all votes would be legitimate, or do you wish me to throw votes out willy nilly on a whim.

The interim document leaves the rules, the organisation of elections, solely at the discretion of the Clerk
Last edited by ingliz on 04 Jul 2009 09:38, edited 2 times in total.
By Doomhammer
Damn Communist busy-bodies...
By ingliz
The election "rules":

1) Parties must register.

2) Eligible voters are those members of PoFo who meet two criteria:

i. They have more than 100 posts

ii. They have been a member of the PoliticsForum for a period of at least one month.

3) The vote will last 72 hours.
By Andres
To determine which votes are legitimate there must be some criteria
Yes, but you don't get to arbitrarily set that criteria. Since in the previous two elections no registration of parties was necessary, you demanding it now is purely bullshit.

The interim document leaves the rules, the organisation of elections, solely at the discretion of the Clerk
Bullshit, otherwise you could throw away any vote not for the UFP.
By ingliz
Bullshit, otherwise you could throw away any vote not for the UFP.

Don't be silly. :)

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]