Boring simulation act 2009 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By MistyTiger
The elections are being held on Sunday 12th July, next week.

All right.

*saves date in her virtual calendar*
By ingliz
Since in the previous two elections no registration of parties was necessary, you demanding it now is purely bullshit.

Have you ever voted in a parliamentary election where the parties were not listed on the ballot? You were given a blank sheet of paper, I don't think so.
Last edited by ingliz on 04 Jul 2009 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
By Andres
Have you ever voted in a parliamentary election where the parties were not listed on the ballot, you were given a blank sheet of paper, I don't think so?
Many elections allow for write in candidates.
By ingliz
Andres:

Article 1. Elections wrote:The Clerk of the Parliament must administer a responsible election...

We are not Americans and this is not a US style election

As there is an objection to the proposed electoral rules I have introduced a bill which is being voted upon now.

ps. I am sorry this has been put to the vote without going through "committee" but, due to time constraints, that was not possible.

I think this is a fair compromise for at least you have been given the chance to throw them out, if you can muster a majority, and if they pass it is hard to argue they are an imposition.
By Andres
I think this is a fair compromise for at least you have been given the chance to throw them out, if you can muster a majority, and if they pass it is hard to argue they are an imposition.
Agreed.
By Oxymoron
The Ayes have it, thus this simulation is indeed boring. Voting block is the only way this game can work.
By HoniSoit
Voting block would hardly change anything for the better.

I think it is best that we allow opposition to introduce bills. This gives the opposition a lot more stake in the game.
By Dr House
The opposition is already able to introduce bills. They just started leaving after the commies won.
By Dr House
You might remember the game completely went downhill since bloc-voting was outlawed.
By MistyTiger
It didn't help that you were protesting so vociferously and if you remember...Fox wanted to pull the plug on the simulation. If your party wins, then there could be bloc-voting.
By Demosthenes
I don't have time for the sim right now, nor can I manage to go back through and sort out who did what to whom and make a fair ruling.

Elections are scheduled for next weekend. Those who think the lack of block voting are a problem should form a coalition that can change the parliament. I don't understand why everyone wants to do all these "fiat" rules all the time when the system is clearly built to handle almost ANY condition that some party or other wants to impose. Like anywhere in the political world, build a consensus, attain power, and pass what you will.

The sim is boring because, frankly, the non-SN/RF members appear to be sore losers and won't debate anything anymore. It's as if the popularity contest of the vote was the only thing they were interested in and once they lost...They said "Fuck It".

Meh...I would put more time in if I could, but I can't.

Block voting, meaning one person may vote for their party will not solve one thing, IMO. If participation is already low, how in the world would making it easier not to particpate accomplish anything? Blaming the boredom on the change of the block vote is like claiming ice cream started tasting like shit when Obama got elected. :eh: What the hell does one have to do with the other?

Anyway, bicker onward and upward. I'll return in a month or two (aside from voting when I can) and take a look at what's going on then. Gnote is more than qualified to handle things in the interim if he's interested and you guys really need someone to adjudicate.
By HoniSoit
The sim is boring because, frankly, the non-SN/RF members appear to be sore losers and won't debate anything anymore.

With the exception of some members from SLD and THP, I should add.
By Zyx
Demosthenes wrote:ice cream started tasting like shit when Obama got elected.

So, I am not the only one who noticed?

Maybe we should pass a bill on having ice cream taste better or something.
By MistyTiger
Demosthenes wrote:you guys really need someone to adjudicate.

I totally agree.

My ice cream tastes fine...unless you're tasting with the part of the brain that controls your political views. That sentence I wrote sounds clumsy and what you said sounds odd. :lol:
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]

The link to the previous post is on this page. Pl[…]

That's assuming Russia isn't giving financial sup[…]