Politician Payment - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Bosnjak
The US President would get 400 000 USD
A Doc gets the same today
In Singapore the President gets 1 200 000 USD
A big company manager gets 20 - 50 Million

So the US President or a comparable power like Russia and China need higher wages, about 100 Million per year in future bonds of the Credit Rating of the country.
Bosnjak wrote:The US President would get 400 000 USD
A Doc gets the same today
In Singapore the President gets 1 200 000 USD
A big company manager gets 20 - 50 Million

So the US President or a comparable power like Russia and China need higher wages, about 100 Million per year in future bonds of the Credit Rating of the country.

IMO high public officials, both elected and appointed, in almost all advanced countries are shockingly underpaid relative to the responsibility they bear. But Singapore is a shining example of getting it right: their public officials are the highest paid in the world, and they enjoy the least corrupt government outside the advanced English-Germanic-Nordic-speaking countries of northern Europe, North America and Oceania.
By AFAIK
Higher pay makes it easier to hide graft. How would a politician explain owning properties worth $100 million along with luxury cars and a private jet whilst earning $100,000 per year?
AFAIK wrote:Higher pay makes it easier to hide graft. How would a politician explain owning properties worth $100 million along with luxury cars and a private jet whilst earning $100,000 per year?

How would he explain it on $1M/y? The point is, $100K/y makes him far more open to temptation than $1M/y; and the people who seek such office when they have the ability to make far more in private business will, unless they are selfless saints, be looking for opportunities to enrich themselves corruptly. And in any case, the main corruption problem in advanced democracies is not officials accumulating great wealth through corruption while in office, but doing corrupt favors for the wealthy while in office, then being rewarded with great wealth after leaving office. I have spent enough time in political trenches to tell you that the great majority of officials are honest, effectively incorruptible, and trying to do a good job. A relative handful are dishonest and looking to line their own pockets -- and because they are connected to money, they have a disproportionate influence on decisions and policy. But a considerably larger number -- though still a small minority -- start out honest, but are vulnerable to corruption because of the financial stress associated with being grossly underpaid. THEY KNOW their labor is worth far more than they are being paid, and a perverse sense of justice leads them to seek some way of being paid what they are worth.

As Singapore proves, well paid public officials cost far less in the end.
By AFAIK
Politicians in Japan are highly paid as well, yet they still prefer to be bribed by TEPCO and other nuclear companies than to regulate them.

Singapore is an outlier and doesn't prove anything.
By Decky
They should be paid far less. Rich greedy scum might stay in business and then real people could be politicians. I recon they should get about double minimum wage. That would incentiveise them to raise it regularly.
By Albert
Deck, join the capitalist class. There is no point in resisting. This rich white man's club.

Communism will keep you ignorant and poor. With capitalism you can have all the books you want and ferrari. You can also have the best choice of women.
Last edited by Albert on 19 Nov 2016 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
By Decky
Communism turned your ancestors from illiterate shit farmers to the people who sent the first man into space.
Albert wrote:Deck, join the capitalist class. There is no point in resisting. This rich white man's club.

You're an New Russian, we don't take kindly to American Shills, begone race traitor.
By Albert
Decky wrote:Communism turned your ancestors from illiterate shit farmers to the people who sent the first man into space.
Decky, if you had a choice to be a successful builder, rich, having contracts to build skyscrapers. Basically 1%. Would you take it? But with a catch, you would have to forego communism and the struggle for the revolution.
Decky wrote:Towodros what do you do politically in real life?

Well I'm prole, right now I'm an independent, I'm think of joining the NOI, not because I believe in their racism or "religious beliefs" but apparently out of necessary. Mostly since I live in the Bronx, my goal is to join Black community groups that help us in some way, do voluntary work. I'm unemployed, living with my parents, but I'm 21 in collage so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Albert wrote: Decky, if you had a choice to be a successful builder, rich, having contracts to build skyscrapers. Basically 1%. Would you take it? But with a catch, you would have to forego communism and the struggle for the revolution.

And let the 99% starve and die, fuck no.
By Decky
Albert wrote: Decky, if you had a choice to be a successful builder, rich, having contracts to build skyscrapers. Basically 1%. Would you take it? But with a catch, you would have to forego communism and the struggle for the revolution.

Of course not you degenerate. Skyscrapers are all glass and steel. Where are the bricks? :eh: Anyway why would I shit on all my ancestors? Shelf stackers, postmen, electricians, farmers and factory workers by becoming a rich parasite? They all contributed to humanity for their whole lives and so will I. Capitalists give nothing, just just take profit made by the labour of better men and then fritter it away on solid gold swimming pools. They have been trying to promote my dad to foreman for years now since he is the longest serving man on his department and he has always told them to fuck off. You think I would betray him by becoming a capitalist myself? How would I ever look him in the eye again? :eh:

Tewodros III wrote:Well I'm prole, right now I'm an independent, I'm think of joining the NOI, not because I believe in their racism or "religious beliefs" but apparently out of necessary. Mostly since I live in the Bronx, my goal is to join Black community groups that help us in some way, do voluntary work. I'm unemployed, living with my parents, but I'm 21 in collage so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Nation of Islam lol? You disappoint me. :hmm:
Hey man, I'm a pragmatic, until I see some Red Army groups, I need to protect my Black Group.
[center-img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/FruitOfIslam_cropped_retouched.jpg[/center-img]
Last edited by Tewodros III on 19 Nov 2016 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
By Decky
The revolution is not an apple that falls from the tree when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.

First you need a job and then you need to start a black only trade union that uses its funds to arm its men, are you in a state where this would be possible? Then again what the fuck would I know, all I've ever shot was an air rifle. :lol:
Decky wrote:The revolution is not an apple that falls from the tree when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.

First you need a job and then you need to start a black only trade union that uses its funds to arm its men, are you in a state where this would be possible? Then again what the fuck would I know, all I've ever shot was an air rifle. :lol:

I'm in NYC, so I think my options are limited on jobs and gun choices.
By Decky
Jew York. :*( I see. Well do as you think is best, that is an awkward position. What are you studying?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Also, the evacuation of Rafah has not started. De[…]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and […]

"Five years later, Ms. Pelosi has stepped dow[…]

The interesting thing about the police repression […]