Do careers, nationalism and finance cause terrorism? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Thomasmariel wrote:Are money and status intrinsically linked to terrorism? I mean status as in careers outright, and I mean money as an abstract idea

I think first you have to state which terrorist campaign you want to talk about. Communist terrorism in Colombia, Nepal and India is associated with an anti-capital- anti private property agenda, but that does not discount that a lot of terrorist just get their rocks off by seeing people maimed and dead. The IRA campaign of terror was rooted in Religion, but it morphed into Nationalism and economics. By far the biggest terror campaign since the WW2 has nothing to do with money. Even if Muslim had all the money in the world, they would still want to maim and murder those who do not believe the Quoran, or those who associate with non-believers. Many Muslim terrorists are from the middle class.
neopagan wrote:I think first you have to state which terrorist campaign you want to talk about. Communist terrorism in Colombia, Nepal and India is associated with an anti-capital- anti private property agenda, but that does not discount that a lot of terrorist just get their rocks off by seeing people maimed and dead. The IRA campaign of terror was rooted in Religion, but it morphed into Nationalism and economics. By far the biggest terror campaign since the WW2 has nothing to do with money. Even if Muslim had all the money in the world, they would still want to maim and murder those who do not believe the Quoran, or those who associate with non-believers. Many Muslim terrorists are from the middle class.

Is it possible that roads and cars cause terrorism?
Arab terrorists associated with al-Qaeda used to be from middle-class families, former international students who faced racial or religious discrimination especially in Germany, and they were thus resentful against the West. But nowadays, second-generation Muslims in Europe are desperate enough to become suicide bombers probably because they have no future without a job and good education. Some white French men joined ISIS as well, who were uneducated and unemployed just as North Africans in France. Therefore, it can be said that economic deprivation causes terrorism.

As I pointed out. the source says 'there is no sc[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]