Welfare State and Economic Collapse - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Europe has not experienced massive economic instability since the years which followed WWII. And in the 1920s there were examples such as Weimar Germany where hyperinflation was very severe.

Social security in Europe is partly ensured by the existence of the welfare state. It is possible to live for a period of time on a state pension if you are unemployed until you find work.

However, if Europe experienced a massive economic crisis leading to hyperinflation, would the welfare state collapse with it?
If anything it contributes to the economy that is why capitalists let it exist. They need the NHS as they need a healthy workforce, they need the state to educate children so they require minimal training once they go into work, they need the dole so people they fire don't kick in their doors and take what is owed to them and then set fire to the house.
What will happened when humanoid robots do all the work like ASIMO and military robots like PETMAN (what can do good press ups?) Will it be a welfare state for people to enjoy life doing leisure activities like sport, travel, spending time with family and friends (Left-wing idealism) instead of live to work (Right-wing idealism)

In the west since world war ll . Robots have taken over a lot of manual work, example when hundreds of people worked on the land the combined harvesters took over (manual pointless) work (some machines don't need a driver like some present day driver less railway trains or planes?) when you shop in Tesco's a machine now prices up your goods and accept your money instead hundreds of cashiers and the same in banks and car making plants etc.. Economy will still be going but you might have a different kind of human western economy from people making money from their leisure activities or entertainment after all thousands of sport players like footballers make thousands of pounds each week, artist, musicians or actors can make millions of pounds each year and golf players can make billion's of pounds from there sporting activities etc...
Last edited by name_xox on 08 Aug 2017 14:00, edited 8 times in total.
name_xox wrote:What will happened when humanoid robots do all the work like ASIMO and military robots like PETMAN (what can do good press ups?) Will it be a welfare state for people to enjoy life doing leisure activities like sport, travel, spending time with family and friends (Left-wing idealism) instead of live to work (Right-wing idealism)

I like what your post alludes to. I will look forward to your future insight on this.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

[quote='ate"]Whatever you're using, I want[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]