Driverless Cars Mean You'd be Expected to Work While in your Car - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
SolarCross wrote:Pilotless helicopters is the future for a 100% grope free experience.

Oh brave new world.. upgraded with automated transport.

Back to OP
" Driverless Cars Mean You'd be Expected to Work While in your Car"
Are you expected to work at home? Are you paid for work you do at home?
SolarCross wrote:Everywhere? How about we put train stations on every street corner? Outside every door? Or how about we ditch stone age technology and get with times?

Or about as far apart as stops on a subway line.

Also gropers...

I have an idea. We can teach men not to sexually assault women.

Pilotless helicopters is the future for a 100% grope free experience.

Sure. Women can wait until then for such an experience. That makes sense. :|
Igor Antunov wrote:What's to stop me from buying a fleet of driverless cars and using them as part of an uber-like taxi service? Wouldn't have to work for a single second. The funds would just roll in.

That's the way to go. But it won't be as easy as all that, like it or not you will be responsible for all those robots and all their fuckups. Also it's not like you will be the only genius with that idea so the same of game of chasing customers and adjusting prices still applies and paying bills, balancing revenue and expenditure... Still they will probably be less accident prone and obnoxious to manage as human drivers.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Or about as far apart as stops on a subway line.

Wake me up when you figure out a way to pay for a subway system that covers the entire urban, sub urban and rural environment. Then ask yourself if it is really worth the trouble for anyone who isn't a train fetishist afflicted with a morbid terror at the thought that individuals might steer themselves to where they want to go without a government plan.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I have an idea. We can teach men not to sexually assault women.

Yeah good luck with that.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Sure. Women can wait until then for such an experience. That makes sense. :|

In the mean time use a car. It's better than being herded into a cattle-truck after all. We are not animals.

Most of last year I had a one hour plus commute and used rental cars with drivers and Ubers to go to my office and come back home. I managed to read the news and do some texting on the way, also some phone conversations, but working was not at all possible from a moving car. Unless one's work is talking on the phone I do not think it is possible to work during transits.
SolarCross wrote:Wake me up when you figure out a way to pay for a subway system that covers the entire urban, sub urban and rural environment. Then ask yourself if it is really worth the trouble for anyone who isn't a train fetishist afflicted with a morbid terror at the thought that individuals might steer themselves to where they want to go without a government plan.

People like that can ride bikes.

Yeah good luck with that.

Yeah, men don't need to learn that! Women can just deal, right?

In the mean time use a car. It's better than being herded into a cattle-truck after all. We are not animals.

Someone forgot the biological underpinnings of humanity!

Hilarious how you make fun of governments killing dissidents!
Pants-of-dog wrote:People like that can ride bikes.

Or drive a car.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Yeah, men don't need to learn that! Women can just deal, right?

It would be good if men could and with policing it may be deterred but unless you can afford to put a cop on every corner along with your subway stops then if you are woman there isn't much sense in taking no measures of your own at all.
SolarCross wrote:Or drive a car.

Best not to. People driving cars are always killing people one way or another.

It would be good if men could and with policing it may be deterred but unless you can afford to put a cop on every corner along with your subway stops then if you are woman there isn't much sense in taking no measures of your own at all.

Yeah, we should just teach men not sexually assault women.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Best not to. People driving cars are always killing people one way or another.

Yeah, we should just teach men not sexually assault women.

Sexist!
What about women who assault men? I have been the victim of unwanted sexual advances repeatedly. :D
Believe it or not, both men and women are sexually aggressive. My biggest problem the last ten years has been warding off sexual advances without unduly hurting feelings. Sexual assault is minimized when it is defined by what I said I put up with. These are natural tendencies. So if you are going to outright condemn it, then make sure you give it a reasonable definition.
One Degree wrote:Believe it or not, both men and women are sexually aggressive. My biggest problem the last ten years has been warding off sexual advances without unduly hurting feelings. Sexual assault is minimized when it is defined by what I said I put up with. These are natural tendencies. So if you are going to outright condemn it, then make sure you give it a reasonable definition.

Please stop talking about you. I was discussing how women are sexually assaulted on public transport and you keep trying to force the conversation to be about how you are the victim.
One Degree wrote:Believe it or not, both men and women are sexually aggressive. My biggest problem the last ten years has been warding off sexual advances without unduly hurting feelings. Sexual assault is minimized when it is defined by what I said I put up with. These are natural tendencies. So if you are going to outright condemn it, then make sure you give it a reasonable definition.

Now that you mention it, I've had one or two ladies make inappropriate and unwelcome physical advances on myself also.

I don't know what the statistics are off-hand but I think males perpetrate the in majority of cases though. Also the ultimate sexual aggression is rape of which women as perpetrators are physically and mostly temperamentally incapable. It's pretty hard to be rapist without a wang.
SolarCross wrote:Now that you mention it, I've had one or two ladies make inappropriate and unwelcome physical advances on myself also.

I don't know what the statistics are off-hand but I think males perpetrate the in majority of cases though. Also the ultimate sexual aggression is rape of which women as perpetrators are physically and mostly temperamentally incapable. It's pretty hard to be rapist without a wang.

I know, and I even regretted my posts. I just get tired of people throwing around words loaded with emotion as if the word is an argument all by itself.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]