If the poor get poorer why do they have more stuff than ever before? - Page 19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15006017
:lol: You're the typical American tourist that goes to McDonalds in another country, then @MrWonderful! Your claim shows a huge amount of ignorance about other countries, and cultures, where maybe everything is not centered around materialism, as it is in USA.
#15006022
MrWonderful wrote:Your ad hominem attack on me exposes your own pettiness and ignorance as well.

You need to grow up.

I have toured Europe many, many times, walked on the Great Wall of China, the Berlin Wall at Checkpoint Charlie, and climbed the gate at Chateau Versailles after it closed.

As to the "poor" of America:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/01/astonishing-numbers-americas-poor-still-live-better-than-most-of-the-rest-of-humanity/#499dc9d554ef



Lol, the opinion of one contributor to a right wing magazine is not evidence of anything.

Overall, we rate Forbes Right-Center biased based on story selection that tends to favor the right and the political affiliation of its ownership. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading or false stories related to climate science.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/forbes/


And touring a country does not make anyone an authority on social conditions in that country. When we lived in the UK - my parents took me on visits to 26 countries, including yours, but I wouldn't dream of claiming I know all about the poor in any of those places.
#15006104
Only left-wing publications say anything at all worth reading, isn't that correct?
Take the New York Times, please. It ignored the Holocaust as it raged in Germany because the publisher hated Jews. It falsified the situation in the USSR and failed to report millions of people starved by Stalin in the 1930s and continues its left-wing lies to this day.

Read and believe such tripe.

Unfortunately this forum does not appear to have an IGNORE FUNCTION, that would black out childish profanity and ignorance prattled by one sociopath in particular.
#15006125
MrWonderful wrote:As to the "poor" of America:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/01/astonishing-numbers-americas-poor-still-live-better-than-most-of-the-rest-of-humanity/#499dc9d554ef


You do realise that you have linked to an editorial and not an actual news article, and that editorials reflect the OPINION of the author and not an objective analysis?

Also, you should quote the text that supports your claim, since it is not up to the reader to build your argument for you.
#15006164
Pants-of-dog wrote:You do realise that you have linked to an editorial and not an actual news article, and that editorials reflect the OPINION of the author and not an objective analysis?

Also, you should quote the text that supports your claim, since it is not up to the reader to build your argument for you.


Everyone expresses opinions based on their particular analysis of facts, don't they. You simply try to discredit those opinions, and or facts which do not comport with your own. If you had any data at all to support the nonsense prattled by you and your America-hating friends, you would have presented it by now. But not one of you has done that. It's obvious why.

CNN does nothing BUT spout opinions, based on lies, and it has millions of followers, like you.
#15006166
MrWonderful wrote:Everyone expresses opinions based on their particular analysis of facts, don't they.


Yes, but not in a debate.

In debate, the idea is to present your own argument (instead of someone else’s, like you did) and support it with logic and evidence (instead of s9meone else’s opinion, like you did).

If you had any data at all to support the nonsense prattled by you and your America-hating friends, you would have presented it by now. But not one of you has done that. It's obvious why.

CNN does nothing BUT spout opinions, based on lies, and it has millions of followers, like you.


If you wish to point out which argument I made but did not support, please do so.
#15006169
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, but not in a debate.


This forum, like most, is not remotely "a debate."
Clearly you have no idea as to what a "debate" consists of.

1. A debate has formal rules, which of course prohibit profanity exhibited by Godstud repeatedly.
2. A debate has a semblance of balance. That is impossible where Leftists congregate. They gang up on any poor unsuspecting soul and pummel him with condescension, pretension, arrogance, and numbers which seek to silence all dissent from your Leftist orthodoxy.

You could take the time to look up statistics on world poverty, showing that the average human lives on a dollar or two a day, but that would take some effort and you would rather order others around, so that you can then condemn and criticize anything they might present.

If I never again respond to anything you write, it will be because you have consistently been rude and had nothing to say worth reading.

ciao
  • 1
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
Trump's Dumb Economics

AT&T is among several large corporations whose[…]

As i said before, short term protest will not ach[…]

@ingliz Lol, I just did a quick image search of […]

Yes, by all means Youtube can be arbitrary. Facebo[…]