Inflation is a weapon of rich people to rob and exploit poor people. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Puffer Fish wrote:Well, I'd point out that you haven't presented any evidence so far that deflation is worse than inflation.

You seem to be making the assumption that deflation being bad is an already established economic fact, that nobody questions.

The reason should be obvious: inflation makes people want to spend their money before it loses value, so it stimulates economic activity. Deflation makes people reluctant to spend their money because it will be worth more later, so it suppresses economic activity.
Let me give you a little advice: Just because you read it in economics textbook doesn't mean it's an undisputed fact.

True. Please use your own power of reason to confirm the above.
Hello, I have returned after watching a good video:

So I now would revise some of my former ideas and say that maybe inflation is the tax that poor people must pay for the benifits that they have received.

It's just how modern governments like to work, playing around with the economy (growing it for better or worse), whilst remaining in control by making the masses love them for their welfare handouts but taking it back in a stealthy manner to keep the charades going.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]