What's it all about, Georgie? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
Georgism is an odd duck. It's also a bird than can't fly, you know, like a dodo.

It's like a zillion other ideas that have no real relevance to the Modern world.

I've been on the internet for over 20 years, and this place is the first time I've run into Georgists. Which is interesting all on it's own.

I'm into shapes and patterns, it's a way of looking at things in the abstract. It started with learning to play Go.

In any case, Georgism has a weird shape. I'd have to study it a while to say more, but I don't see a reason to pay any more attention than I already have.

I found this article in my wandering around the barren lands, and if you are asking yourself WTF? Then this might answer your question, but it will also supply you with more questions. (I think the authors are libertarians, but this got more into the weeds than the others I found)
https://wti.liberty.me/feudalism-disguised-as-egalitarianism-a-critique-of-georgism/

You will have to wade through this and discard the libertarian part to get to the meat in the sandwich.

But the bottom line is this, changing the country over to a Georgist basis would be like putting a stick of dynamite in your underwear, and lighting the fuse.

I think I'd prefer a cup of tea.

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being ra[…]

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]

I want the Colleseum and Circus Maximus back to e[…]