IMF warns of Recession - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rancid
BlutoSays wrote:Yellow highlighting denotes heavily subsidized by gubMINT.

The correlation you are suggesting needs more support. Meaning, can we verify that the inflation in those sectors is due to solely to government interventions? I suspect the reality is more complex than you suggest. I'm sure government intervention can be a factor, but there are probably many more too.

There are fundamental differences between the blue and the red lines in the graph that should not be ignored (and that's what this graph does). The red lines are not typical consumer products like the blue lines are. For example, you can't just innovate a new type of house that is 30% cheaper year on year like you can with say phones or TVs. You also cannot create an innovation where doctors get to spend 50% less time with patients, because well, that's bad. Doctors need to spend time with people, this is not something that can be innovated away. Same for teachers.

This graph is missing key context and information. Then again, maps and graphs that lack context are often used to push political points because people fall for it.

According Indian media Hamas has just offered a p[…]

@Tainari88 no, Palestinian children don't deserv[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]