Are Millennials screwed? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
RhetoricThug wrote:This economic climate is fueled by an unforeseen and unmentioned existential angst felt by all employees (fueled by the Covid disruption).

That's just a short-term economic effect, over a shorter interval of time. What Millennials have been suffering through is/was part of a longer-term trend, and one that goes back all the way the way to the 2007 Recession, maybe even further than that.

You are correct that some of this has been felt by other age groups in society, but my point was that the effect was more concentrated on Millennials. They're the ones who experienced the brunt of it.
(soundtrack)

Puffer Fish wrote:That's just a short-term economic effect, over a shorter interval of time. What Millennials have been suffering through is/was part of a longer-term trend, and one that goes back all the way the way to the 2007 Recession, maybe even further than that.

You are correct that some of this has been felt by other age groups in society, but my point was that the effect was more concentrated on Millennials. They're the ones who experienced the brunt of it.
What kind of Puffer Fish are you? Brackish, solitary, or group-orientated? The Great Recession was part of a macro-economic and geopolitical trend that followed centuries of hierarchal and organizational concentrations of wealth. A definitive trend which degenerates lower classes of peoples, while ripening the ground for cultural disintegration.

What kind of feedback would you expect if a class of people determines that it's okay to wipe out vast amounts of wealth for one segment of the populace in exchange for riches siphoned from the poor and streamlined to the privileged and well-connected? Curious to be estranged by generational discontent. I find it disturbing that the well-off refuse to acknowledge or explore deeper sources of wealth. Why can't a rich businessman retire from capitalism and transcend the way of the world? As a matter of speaking, the way of the world is nothing more than one-upmanship and venomous allegory.

Statistically, Millennials suffered a great insult, one of the worst burdens. Cycles of wealth don't favor the working class because, since the inception of capitalism, working class heroes bear the vigor of production and rarely reap the rewards of a highly mechanized or technologically augmented liquid asset. Therefore, proletariats, due to a lack of education & fervor, rarely organize beyond simplistic notions of corporately sponsored athletics, brand allegiances, and other modes of distinct and cognitively instinctual patterns of perception.

Technologies, especially electronic media, shape culture. Technologies create abiotic conditions that affect biotic temperament. In this regard, our tools, as an extension of us, reshape the water parameters we swim in and stage our milieu.

The stress of modernity primarily deals with the post-industrial society we live in. I strongly suggest Neil Postman’s Amusing Ourselves to Death, The Shallows by Nicholas Carr, and anything by Marshall McLuhan. Over-stimulation, futile distraction, and existential dread, summarize a life under the economic conditions of a technological society.

Seek real connections and align yourself with things that matter. Never ignore the motion of the stars.

I FEEL YOU BECAUSE I AM YOU!

Since you are a white person in Canada, you are a[…]

You're all a buncha prudes. GET LAID!

By that definition, if you obtained a DNA a census[…]

Let me guess, this is going to be one of THOSE thr[…]