16 years with Repub Pres. saw 1.8 million net new jobs created; 16 yr of Dems saw 32 M jobs created. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
16 years with Repub Pres. [4 of Bush I, 8 of Bush II, & 4 of Trump] saw 1.9 million net new jobs created, however 16 yr with Dem Pres. [8 of Clinton & 8 of Obama] saw 33.8 million jobs created. This is strong evidence of a serious problem with how Repuds do in the president's job of running the economy.

In the 27 months with Biden as Pres. there have been 12.7 M jobs created. 33.8+12.7=46.5.
46.5+1.9=48.4.

46.5 / 48.4 = 0.96 = 96% of all Americanjobs created in the last 34.25 years were created while a Dem was Pres. so just 4% were created while a Repud or Repub was Pres. Therefore, Dem Pres. have been 25.5 time better at createing American jobs that the Repuds have been. Given all the extraneous BS that can happen in the economy, we might reduce this to just 20 times better, but IMHO this doesn't change the record enough to matter.

So, my conclusion is that Dems need to get this message out into the minds of the voters. That, actually the Dems are over 20 times better at handling the economy than Repubs are.

OTOH, Trump had the downturn from covid, which he failed to address anywhere near properly, so he lost jobs, IIRC. So, there is that.

Last edited by Steve_American on 09 May 2023 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Growth was up, unemployment was down to 3.5% under Trump before COVID. You can believe that the Chinese created COVID in part to bring down Trump, or you can believe it was just a lucky coincidence, but which ever way Democrat Liberal traitors deliberately sabotaged the US economy through their demands for ever longer more extreme lock-downs.
Rich wrote:Growth was up, unemployment was down to 3.5% under Trump before COVID. You can believe that the Chinese created COVID in part to bring down Trump, or you can believe it was just a lucky coincidence, but which ever way Democrat Liberal traitors deliberately sabotaged the US economy through their demands for ever longer more extreme lock-downs.

People who watch right-wing media are always wrong.

Rich and I disagree on the need for lockdowns.

I suppose that China may in the next 2 years overtake the US's record high number of deaths from covid/100K people. No other nation came close though.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@Rancid anyone who applauds and approves genocida[…]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be als[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]