Gas prices spike again..... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
For the past month or two, gas prices are rising again, after months of stabilization so far this year. Around my brother's wedding which took place in late July, it was about $3.75/gallon. Today, it is well over $4/gallon and rising. Yesterday, there was a report showing that inflation has ticked up because of the big increase in gas prices. All I knew is that OPEC has cut millions of barrels of oil from the market in recent months, possibly driving up the price of oil. Whenever oil prices rise, so do are gas prices. That's the fact. Now they're worried that we might be seeing $5 a gallon again possibly next year, and if this situation keeps up, we would soon reach $6/gallon by around Memorial Day of next year.

I think this is all blamed on the ongoing war in Ukraine, but gas prices DID went down to almost $3/gallon, and in some states, around $2.50/gallon by the end of last year, even as the war intensifies over there. And gas prices SUPPOSED to go down during the Fall because the summer driving season is over and not too many people go out of town.

Now, the number one reason why there is some significant uptick in prices is because of Biden's energy policies, and the actions by his Energy Secretary named Jennifer Granholm. Biden has killed off Keystone Pipeline, banned offshore oil drilling, and just recently cancelled Alaska's oil and gas leases. If he hadn't did all of these, then we would still be enjoying $2.50/gal! Now inflation has gone up again and this is all blamed on his policies. The SPR is at the lowest level in decades, and if there is a major hurricane impact the gulf coast where most of the oil production is concentrated, then this economy is going to crash, and we would see prices going up to $5/gallon nationwide within days.

I can't wait till next year. Things were better under the previous Republican presidential adminstration. And, if they want to lower gas prices, then Biden needs to get rid of Granholm. She is a total disgrace to the American people, and her actions seem to make things worse. Her laughing at the question regarding rising gas prices during her TV interview is sickening to working Americans who are living paycheck-to-paycheck.

:roll: Unsupported claims can be ignored Meanwhil[…]

I respect the hustle. But when it comes to FAFSA […]

'State of panic' as Putin realises he cannot wi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]