An interview with heterodox economists Michael Hudson & Steve Keen, what's wrong with modern econ. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Trust me, this is a must watch video if you want the heterodox view point.

How Finance Capitalism Ruined the World -- Dr. Michael Hudson & Dr. Steve Keen, DSPod

Industrial Capitalism is good and Finance Capitalism is terrible.
They touch on the "so-called Nobel Prize in Economics" that stole his name and is a bad joke.

However, I need to add, Industrial Capitalism can be a lot better if it used MMT including its Federally funded but locally controlled Job Guarantee Program that offers a job to all who want one and curbs inflation automatically while raising the min. wage to a "socially inclusive wage".

Modern curricula of Econ. do NOT any longer teach the history of econ. thought. This is necessary, our 2 experts say, because Adam Smith was fighting feudalism where landlords ruled the economy because of what they owned and not what they did. Smith wanted Industrial Capitalists to rule the economy because of what they did and not what they owned. So, his "Free Economy" was an economy free from the drain of "unearned income", i.e. rent paid to landlords. Modern economists wanted to let Financial Capitalists back into the game so they changed the meaning of "Free Economy" to one free of Gov. regulation.

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]