Is the 1990 movie Flatliners about balance being created by the sharing of no comparison as a clash? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For importunate arguments and postings imponderable to virtually all forum members. Though their authors might believe the only problem is everyone else's impercipience.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Joel Schumacher is legitimately one of the greatest filmmakers of all time; Batman Forever, A Time to Kill, Batman & Robin and Flatliners are all proof of his genius. In the specific case of Flatliners, I wonder if its theme is that peace has to be created by mutual inequality being a clash, or in other words, peace is created by the definition of a clash meaning to share no comparison
Bulaba Jones wrote:Perhaps.

The end reveal of Billy Mahoney is a supernova-sized distress, the type of distress that has similar effect to the Tom Ford masterpiece Nocturnal Animals; the image of Mahoney next to the dying canine is especially poignant, and is the sort of image that inspires thoughts about needing to end the universe
Are you nuts?

Those were his shitty films....

His good ones:
The Lost Boys
Falling Down
Phone Booth

Guilty Pleasure:
The Phantom of the Opera.

The ones you named were mostly his shit films, in particular Batman & Robin which is the worst hollywood film of the 1990s(Battlefield Earth arrived in the year 2000, so the worst film of the 00's, Except maybe for The Room).
colliric wrote:Are you nuts?

Those were his shitty films....

His good ones:
The Lost Boys
Falling Down
Phone Booth

Guilty Pleasure:
The Phantom of the Opera.

The ones you named were mostly his shit films, in particular Batman & Robin which is the worst hollywood film of the 1990s(Battlefield Earth arrived in the year 2000, so the worst film of the 00's, Except maybe for The Room).

Falling Down is a corrupt film compared to the ones I listed; Michael Douglas plays a meaningful character, but the film is damaged by Robert DuVall, who has a pattern of ruining his films because of the way he acts. Forced contrivance can work in films, but for it to work the movie needs symbolism associated with the contrivance. Alien Covenant is a brilliant example of having forced contrivance, or having contrived hostility between members of the Covenant ship because it plays into the themes of the story. In the case of Falling Down, DuVall's opposition to numerous other characters isn't symbolic, but just the actor himself being egotistical

Phone Booth is much better than Falling Down, but I wouldn't put it anywhere on the level as Batman & Robin or Flatliners simply because the subject matter is nowhere near as relevant. I agree that Phantom is a type of guilty pleasure, though it's not wicked art in any sense.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

70% of Americans view Ukraine as an ally or friend[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are […]

World War II Day by Day

April 19, Friday Allied troops land on Norway co[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]