Call to Papers for PoFo ePub - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Co-ordination of all publishing projects.

Moderator: Administrators PoFo

By HoniSoit
I sense some romantic tensions between you and WA. :lol:

The publication itself is of course open to everyone regardless of ideological persuasions and political positions (though at the minimum, one should comply with PoFo rules). We will then make a judgement on the quality of the piece, and yes not every article submitted will be published. By the way, WA's piece is a very good one actually. If you disagree when you read it, please write a rebuttal and we can publish it in the next issue.
By War Angel
Will it contain many articles from people like WA?

What do you mean, people like me? :hmm:

By the way, WA's piece is a very good one actually.

Thank ye. :D

Check your e-mail, by the way, if you haven't already.
By Sephardi
What do you mean, people like me?

:lol:

Antisemite :eek:
By Vanasalus
HoniSoit wrote:The publication itself is of course open to everyone regardless of ideological persuasions and political positions (though at the minimum, one should comply with PoFo rules). We will then make a judgement on the quality of the piece, and yes not every article submitted will be published.

If the quality of the articles in this publication will be the same as the quality of ordinary PoFo posts, what use of creating such a publication it anyway?

When I asked of whether articles are "peer-reviewed", the quality of the articles was in my mind.

I hope you editors will not disappoint the people.

HoniSoit wrote:By the way, WA's piece is a very good one actually. If you disagree when you read it, please write a rebuttal and we can publish it in the next issue.

Place him within a spicy nest,
Where the bright Phoenix loves to rest.
A raven's egg - and, mark it well,
When the vile bird has chipped its shell,
Though fed with grains from trees that grow
Where Salesbel's sweetest waters flow,
Though airs from Gabriel's wing may rise
To fan the cradle where he lies;
Though long these patient cares endure,
It proves at last a bird impure.
A viper nurtured in a bed,
Where roses all their beauties spread,
Though nourished with drops alone,
Of waves that spring from God's throne,
Is still a poisonous reptile found,
And with its venom taints the ground.

This truth our holy Prophet sang-
All things reveal from whence they sprang.

:|
By Cookie Monster
I cannot stress the importance of peer-review for journals. Otherwise the journal will end up in the trash can. Also proper use of citations is important.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
:roll: Stop being wet blankets, guys. We have ways to ensure that the pieces are high quality. Yes, a few pieces were rejected because of their lack of quality, and the rest we have been reviewing and editing over and over to try to squeeze the best quality article out of the author. Don't worry and don't backseat edit.
By Vanasalus
I cannot stress the importance of peer-review for journals. Otherwise the journal will end up in the trash can. Also proper use of citations is important.

Precisely...
By Cookie Monster
:roll: Stop being wet blankets, guys. We have ways to ensure that the pieces are high quality. Yes, a few pieces were rejected because of their lack of quality, and the rest we have been reviewing and editing over and over to try to squeeze the best quality article out of the author. Don't worry and don't backseat edit.
Rejecting a few pieces is not peer-review. It shouldn't be the editors peer-reviewing the articles. Did you adopt standards for citations?
By Nets
Jesus Christ Cookie, it is a web forum publication not The Lancet we are talking about.

I am sure it will be fine.
By Guillotine
Nonsense, Nets. In fact Cookie Monster should be the one to provide proper peer reviews and correctly edit citations. For every paper.

CM, could you also find someone to illustrate a cover?
By Cookie Monster
No one with academic or professional expertise is willing to spend time to write for a journal with no or bad reputation. Only desperate people with too much time would do so. If these articles are overgrown Pofo posts, call it that. If they are to be articles of journal quality, then peer-review and different standards and mechanisms are absolutely necessary.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Look, lets just say that they aren't quite as good as a niche magazine but they are better than your average Times editorial. For something that 3 members have cobbled up just from jockeying people to submit stuff, it's pretty damn good, and I'd appreciate it if instead of criticizing us for taking up a pointless venture, you'd offer assistance of some kind. If you're just here to say that this whole thing is pointless, then what exactly is the point of you posting that it's pointless?
By War Angel
People are criticising something they haven't even seen yet, which is utterly ridiculous. At least review the damned thing before you pass judgment, and if you can't be arsed to, then kindly STFU.

And, if anyone's worried about the quality of my article, bear in mind Ombrageoux is one of the editors, as is Cheesecake_Marmalade, if I be not mistaken. ;)
By Demosthenes
Jesus fucking Christ if you're going to get that critical, get up off your own ass and do something "peer reviewed" yourselves or just STFU and don't read it!

WTF with the Buzzkill bullshit? :knife:

Pretty rude and uncalled for honestly.

IT'S FREE, IT'S DONE BY VOLUNTEERS, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

if you don't like the idea of it, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT.

There, simple as that! Problem solved, and you don't even have to be a dick about it!

:roll:
By Nets
Chill out Demos, many of us are looking forward to it.
By War Angel
When is the deadline for the article submission?

I think the current issue is done, but future ones... who knows? If you have an article, ask HoniSoit, Ombrageoux or Cheesecake_Marmalade.
By JohnRawls
Asking plaro to write an article would be almost the same as to ask Dave to write an article ...... Do you really think that would be beneficial for pofo ePub?
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
I've always found Plaro to be very insightful in his comments even if I disagree with him. There is no left/right bias in the pub, even if it's run by three leftists. We were hoping to get one more right-wing editor but we wouldn't want to force it just for the sake of appearances.

In any case the submission hasn't been properly formatted, so we are still accepting submissions as of right now.

You simply assume No. You said, "Jews are[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]