Moving News out of Todays News - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Co-ordination of all publishing projects.

Moderator: Administrators PoFo

Guys, please don't move new stories out of the Today's News section.

I notice a couple of topics moved - presumably because they were posted from blog sources (The Diplomat). I'm going to move them back to the blog sub-section. Just because they might fit in another forum doesn't mean they ought to be moved by default, otherwise we'll never be able to become a site people visit to read the news - because visitors cannot be expected to read every forum to find news stories.
Hmm I often move threads out of Today's News but I'm not sure if you're referring to topics I've moved.

I tend to move threads to other sub-forums by default indeed. Perhaps I should be keeping the blog section in mind more, although sometimes threads just seem more appropriate in the regional sub-forums for example or PC. Those are the two places I most often move threads.

Then again I'm not even sure if this was directed at me though
I'm not directing this at anyone specifically.

With the changes to the News section the way it is moderated might have to change slightly with it. Essentially, don't worry about there being a lot of topics in Today's News, that's why we've added the extra moderators.

The sort of thing I would still move out of Today's News would be things of no international interest. So, "Czech Republic Arts Minister fired over sex scandal" could probably be safely moved to Europe. Whereas something like "Lord Chancellor spent £100,000 on re-wallpapering his toilet" might equally be worth moving to "Human Interest" stories.

It's going to be a judgement call on whether you think the post will be of interest to international visitors or not.
Siberian Fox wrote:It's going to be a judgement call on whether you think the post will be of interest to international visitors or not.

That's about what I base my moving of topics on. There are often times where an internal US politics story will be posted that I feel doesn't need to be in TN

You simply assume No. You said, "Jews are[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]