Poland no France or Britain-lowest number of foreigners. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
According to this article
http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomosci/1,53600,3682736.html
(sorry in Polish)
Poland has no such problems a Britain or France.
According to this article Poland has only 5.000 foreigners who require integration into Polish society. At its current level Poland has the lowest number of foreigners in its territory in the whole EU, 50 times below the average EU level.
No "Paris burned" scenario here :)
By Thunderhawk
Thanks in large part to Stalin/Soviet massive population relocations, limited access from non-Soviet bloc countries, and a poor economy.

Polands ethnic homogenuity and integrated society will fall away in 50-100 years.
By Shade2
Polands ethnic homogenuity and integrated society will fall away in 50-100 years.

Seeing peace and stability it brought contrasted to terror and violance multiculture has brought in Great Britain and France I hope this can be stoped by rational political decisions.
I don't want my capital burned or airplanes bombed.
By C-Kokos
Shade2, the fact that Poland has so few foreigners should make you wonder what's wrong with your country.
By Shade2
Shade2, the fact that Poland has so few foreigners should make you wonder what's wrong with your country.

Why should I want terrorist attacks in my country or riots ?
By Kiroff
You don't understand the point. He means that no one WANTS to go to Poland. You find the reasons.
By Comrade Ogilvy
and a poor economy.

I guess a "poor economy" is a god-send to Poland.

Shade2,

I wish you lots and lots of turks. :)
By Shade2
You find the reasons.

France and Britain are too accepting of immigrants and provide too much services for them. Plus they are reacher.
A lesson for Poland, block such foolish immigration policy before its too late.
By I
France and Britain are too accepting of immigrants and provide too much services for them

I dont know about France, but Britain benefits from her immigration. In terms of growth and also in the average education levels often exceeding native levels.

The rest of Britain's position is commonly just tabloid bobbins
By Vasili Schmidt
It is admirable that Poland is ethnic homogenous. All of Europe should take the path of Poland in concern to ethnic homogenity and the path of Ireland in concern to high fertility rate.

However, why would anyone go to Poland when Poles themselves are desperately seeking to move in parts of Europe with a superior economy? The main reason why Poland is not attractive to immigrants is because it is essentially a third world country with massive unemployment, poverty, and a lackluster economy.
By I
It is admirable that Poland is ethnic homogenous

There's only boredom in homogeneity! I've never invited a nationalist in a dinner party in my life
By Shade2
The main reason why Poland is not attractive to immigrants is because it is essentially a third world country

Hardly. HDI, GDP per capita, life expectancy are above Third world level. In fact Poland is in the range of high HDI countries well above low HDI third world countries like Russia, Libya or Albania.

There's only boredom in homogeneity!

You find bombs in subway exciting ?

The rest of Britain's position is commonly just tabloid bobbins

The bombings in the subway were "tabloid bobbins" ?
By Vasili Schmidt
Hardly. HDI, GDP per capita, life expectancy are above Third world level. In fact Poland is in the range of high HDI countries well above low HDI third world countries like Russia, Libya or Albania.

Not at all. About 7% of Poland has income below 70% of the ultra-poverty line. About 20% of the population lived in the ultra-poverty line. The average Polish wage has dropped from 625 euros per month in 2001 to 536 in 2003. Beggars and homeless are now a common sight in Poland.

What you describe is not very impressive. Poland's life expectancy is only slightly ahead of the third world country China. Chinese and Polish men have a life expectancy rounded at 71 years. :|

The Human Development scale is not of credibility and is completely arbitrary because according to its outlook, only African countries have "low human development" when in fact the third world composes much of the world except for a handful of western European countries and parts of the western hempisphere.
By Ombrageux
Shade - Given your Germanophobia, aren't you confident the Germans will be happy to cleanse Poland of "undesirable" minorities again for the sake of "purity"?
By Vasili Schmidt
"undesirable" minorities again for the sake of "purity"?

Haven't you been paying attention? Poland is an ethnic homogenous country. Most of the undesirables e.g Jews no longer have a presence in Poland.

From the Polish nationalist point of view, the "Holocaust" had good long term benefits in that Poland is now an ethnically unified country. In the 1930s, Poles were perhaps 60% of the population. The Polish census significantly undercounted Germans. German government said that there were in fact 1.5 million Germans including Aussiedlers instead of the official 740,000. Ukrainians and Belorussians were also significantly underrecorded. The 1931 census counted "native tongue" instead of declared nationality of the person. The 1931 Polish census showed 7 million Uniates and Orthodox but only 6 million Ukrainians and Belorussians. Virtually all Orthodox and Uniates were Ukrainian and Belorussian.
By Ombrageux
Haven't you been paying attention? Poland is an ethnic homogenous country. Most of the undesirables e.g Jews no longer have a presence in Poland.

That's my point, Shade seems to be saying he would dislike a situation like a diverse pre-WW2 Poland. Given his belif in continued German expansionism, I would have thought he'd think the Germans would be happy to "cleanse" the country again.
By dannymu
France and Britain are too accepting of immigrants and provide too much services for them. Plus they are reacher.

They are also paying taxes. But I think there should be limits on the numbers coming into the UK. There will be with Bulgarian and Romanians when both countries enter the EU.

but Britain benefits from her immigration. In terms of growth and also in the average education levels often exceeding native levels.

Economists argue low inflation is helped by immigrants.

However, why would anyone go to Poland when Poles themselves are desperately seeking to move in parts of Europe with a superior economy? The main reason why Poland is not attractive to immigrants is because it is essentially a third world country with massive unemployment, poverty, and a lackluster economy.

You are right. And emigration in Poland is making things worse for them in the short and medium term since they are losing educated people. However in the long term Poland may benefit from it when they get richer as I believe Polish expatriates will send money to Poland.
By Vasili Schmidt
Economists argue low inflation is helped by immigrants.

Easily discredited by Japan's low .9% inflation.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]