Rich create global warming, poor suffer most - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Conservationist
There are many more 3rd world peoples than first world peoples, and it's not entirely clear the division is this one-sided...
By Shade2
The poor should try to become rich then.
By Falx
The poor should try to become rich then.

It's a zero sum game, for every "poor" person that becomes rich one "rich" person will become poor.
By Looter
The new Orleans disaster was a deliberate act of genocide, you cant blame the weather. The bourgeois are complete idiots, a storm comes and they panic, drop everything and head for the hills. You all are doomed by your own stupidity. As a result the proletariat took over New Orleans and began looting. All of the official efforts were directed not towards saving the city and preventing flooding, but rather to preventing looting. Thats why all the people were held prisoner in the Superdome, and the city was allowed to be flooded in order to drive all the people away. Blaming the destruction on the weather misses the point entirely, New Orleans was flooded twice in the 60s and it wasnt evacuated. The New New Orleans is a complete victory for the proletariat, it is no longer fit for the bourgeois.
Global warming isnt cutting down the rainforests, it actually helps them grow. You may imagine the whole world revolves around you and that you ought to be in charge of the weather, but the Earth doesnt belong to you, you belong to it , and you should treat it with respect. Yes your class is doomed, heading for the hills wont save you. Equally you dont speak for the third world, no one there cares about Global warming, they are building the future. Even if all of Canadas steel industry were shut down, in a single year China increases its steel production by twice as much. You cant stop global warming and together with third world industrialization we will bury you!
The funny thing is you dont even care about the poor people of your own country, out there in the cold freezing to death. They can be sacrificed for your ego on the alter of political correctness. You only care about yourself, this nonsense against global warming is just a manifestation of your own ego. I have been trying for years to reason with you all but you seem capable only of parroting dogma, you would be happier debating with someone who doesnt understand the difference between Greenhouse gases and the ozone layer, someone on your own level. The polar ice caps are melting, good riddance, do you have any idea how much ice is up there, I could show you, I already have, there is so much ice up there that life is impossible. But those are facts and logic, and you have no interest in that, you only care about your own opinion which is that Global Warming is bad, simply because you cant imagine otherwise, and if the whole world has to stop because of your vain hysteria that sure would inflate your ego. It aint gonna happen, you are destined to be left in the dustbin of history along with the dinosaurs and the polar bears and the unicorns. The same changes that are your doom are our liberation. To me your opposition to global warming is a measure of how utterly self centered you are. Why do anti-Global Warming idiots not create any Greenhouse Gases? because their heads are stuck up their asses. People like you would put a tax on the very air we breathe.
By Shade2
It's a zero sum game, for every "poor" person that becomes rich one "rich" person will become poor.

Experience from my country shows otherwise. The number of rich people increased in high numbers, without the same increase of poor people.
Last edited by Shade2 on 11 Jan 2007 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
By Vladimir
It's a zero sum game, for every "poor" person that becomes rich one "rich" person will become poor

I do not see the logic behind this.
How else can you get to Europe? If there's another way, I'll take it.

:?:
Ship?

---

On topic - I do not believe global warming, and it is nothing but hysteria, perhaps profitable for someone.
By Looter
Polar Bears arent a species, they are a subspecies of Grizzly Bears, Grizzly Bears stand to gain from Global Warming as the caribou herds grow. Polar Bears cant catch Caribou because they overheat when they chase them.
Nuclear Submarine or Aircraft Carrier.
By stannis
Nuclear Submarine or Aircraft Carrier.

Both would be nice to have...
By Shade2
We can always paint Grizzly's white. :lol:
By Red Star
Watch out, Greenpeace will be after you.
By QatzelOk
Comparing it to sailing across the Atlantic Ocean, Nabob wrote:riding a bike to work in America

I do this every day in America.

How many times have you sailed the Atlantic?

And this helpful new feature!
(My point: riding a bike to work is easily done)
By NYYS
Not if you don't live near where you work, which is quite common in America. A lot of people have an hour+ commute driving. Biking is great for some people, even more convinient because of the lack of gas and easy parking, but for a lot it's just not possible.
By QatzelOk
A lot of people have an hour+ commute driving.

And for these people, an electric train and a bike can get them anywhere a car could back when we almost died of extinction.
By NYYS
No. I can think of an example. If you live in southern NH and work in Boston, MA (as many, many people do) there is no train or other form of commute down. You drive. At best you drive half way and then hop on the commuter rail in northern MA, but it's still a decent drive that could not be done on a bike.
By The American Lion
(My point: riding a bike to work is easily done)

Really? Once a month I have to travel to Bothell, Washington to go to work. That is 50 miles away. There is no way im riding a bike to work.
By James_xeno
Watch out, Greenpeace will be after you.

The way things are going it wont be long before you really will have to worry about saying something non-GreenPC like that. Joke or not.

<_<

>_>
By Looter
In India for most of the year there is no rain, then during the Monsoon there is more rain than anywhere else on Earth, and a Billion people live there. Nobody lives in Antarctica or in the Arctic. You can never be too hot or wet. The supposed calamitous effects of Global Warming are all in your heads while the beneficial effects are already apparent and you never said any of that would happen. The World is not coming to an end, Your problem is that you are overly concerned with your own thoughts and feelings and you arent particularly concerned with whats happening out there. Well this morning it was -29, so I get rather hot about someone who insists the World is getting too warm. I guess the only way you'll learn is if you were left out to die. There are people I listen too on the right who get upset how the media hypes how there is no snow out East and in Europe and the "science" behind it is still junk. I dont care if people believe in Global Warming as long as the winters stop being so cold. Anyways I am breathing rather heavily and there is nothing you can do to stop me! They used to have people standing vigil all night outside the legistlative building to protest Kleins anti Kyoto stance. I wonder if the people who thought this up were mocking them. I think it is important that we encourage people on the left to think for themselves and not mindlessly follow orders. Sadly I find just the oppposite is true of the left in the West, have you ever been to a march? There seems to be an absense of any self criticsm, thus the same mistakes are repeated over and over. Rather we feel sorry for ourselves because we embody such noble ideals, after all we're thinking about the whole Earth, I mean the Earth cant think for itself can it? what could be more magnanimous than that, or vain depending on your perspective, and anyways we think its way too warm, and we need to bring Civilization to a halt to ease our hysteria. The fact that our movements never get anywheres doesnt prove that we are useless idiots but rather it makes us all that more noble, like Jesus dieing on his cross. It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, but the same isnt true of War. and Marx said "the history of all previous society is the history of class struggles" and Lenin said "Communism equals Soviet power plus electrification", when we destroy the old order it will create a lot of CO2. If you want to be on the winning side of history you have to stop imposing the ideology of the west on the rest of the World. I do not hear Chavez or Putin railing against Global Warming. Those crowds burning American flags do not care about Greenhouse gases, its only the Bonos of the world that are against global warming.
By the way did you know that George Bush had Sonny Bono killed because he was the only viable rival for the Republican nomination, True Story!
By NYYS
There is an "Enter" key to the right of you apostrophe key on the keyboard. It is commonly used to divide blocks of texts into segments, so as to organize your thoughts and make the end goal of your post more clear.
By QatzelOk
Looter wrote:...its only the Bonos of the world that are against global warming.

We're all Bonos now.
Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]