Strike Thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Le Rouge
Like any real society, the government has to deal with strikes in the public sector. I decided to create this thread to list all the strikes that occur.

I, Commissioner of Public Relations for the National Federation of Teachers for Social Justice, Leon 'Rouge' Caudwell-Winston, report to the public that NFTSJ Local 902 (Norchester) and Local 893 (Little Norchwicke) have gone on strike to increase pay for urban teachers who have to deal with a high student to teacher ratio and to accelerate the extention of broadband, digital classrooms to rural areas.
By Dr House
Le Rouge wrote:I, Commissioner of Public Relations for the National Federation of Teachers for Social Justice, Leon 'Rouge' Caudwell-Winston, report to the public that NFTSJ Local 902 (Norchester) and Local 893 (Little Norchwicke) have gone on strike to increase pay for urban teachers who have to deal with a high student to teacher ratio and to accelerate the extention of broadband, digital classrooms to rural areas.

Ready the troops!

*cocks rifle*
By Zyx
^ ^ I wonder if we could use this for the next campaigning session.

Shooting at teachers is . . ..
By Thunderhawk
I propose that insted of giving them a raise, we use that money to hire more teachers to reduce the student-teacher ratio.
By Zyx
Talk to the related Minister.

I think this is a News thread--in which, it really should have been written to Demosthenes who would have put it in the Gazette.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Fire them all if they don't come back to work within 48 hours.
By Dan
Break the teachers union; it's the single best thing we can do for the education of our children.
By Dr House
Cheesecake_Marmalade wrote:Fire them all if they don't come back to work within 48 hours.
Dan wrote:Break the teachers union; it's the single best thing we can do for the education of our children.

Pussies.
By Le Rouge
Because of threats by right wing representatives, Locals 901, 900, and 887 have also gone on strike.

The NFTSJ has issued a a statement in support of Thunderhawk's solution.
By Zagadka
I would suggest a change to a university-style system, where the teacher speaks for a large audience, and the material is broken down in labs/groups... at least, for higher levels of education.
By Dr House
i recommend turning schools into mud huts and serve dried bread and water for lunch to cut down costs
By Vladimir
House since when did you become a Dave impersonator? :lol:

Anyway I think some coo-coo right wingers are forgetting who the government is :lol:

The IA ministry has presently dispatched special police units to protect the striking teachers against fascist thugs.
By Dr House
Vladimir wrote:House since when did you become a Dave impersonator? :lol:

Since Dave left. Someone has to do it.

And I was joking, obviously. ;)
By Vladimir
hmm where is he anyway? Is it known why he left ?
By Dr House
It's known to me at least, but I talk to the guy every day.

He's doing a lot of push marketing these days because the recession is making sales a little difficult, and he decided Pofo was interfering with his work too much.
By Eauz
Dan wrote:Break the teachers union; it's the single best thing we can do for the education of our children.
I don't usually agree with Dan too often, but there should be a ban on unionising of labourers or corporations within the society of PoFo. Unions reduce both efficiency and productivity and creates a seperation between union and non-union workers within society. This divide between labourers only helps support the continued existence of capitalist ideology within society.
By Vladimir
I don't usually agree with Dan too often, but there should be a ban on unionising of labourers or corporations within the society of PoFo. Unions reduce both efficiency and productivity and creates a seperation between union and non-union workers within society. This divide between labourers only helps support the continued existence of capitalist ideology within society.

May it revealed to you that the SN-RF government is working towards total unionisation. You, however, are set to be executed for dissent.

It's known to me at least, but I talk to the guy every day.

He's doing a lot of push marketing these days because the recession is making sales a little difficult, and he decided Pofo was interfering with his work too much.

Ok, I can see why with 30+ posts a day :lol: Did he instruct you to take his place for a while then? :lol:
By Dr House
Vladimir wrote:Ok, I can see why with 30+ posts a day :lol: Did he instruct you to take his place for a while then? :lol:

He's gone for the foreseeable future. He'll probably return from time to time when work slows down, but he'll at best be making a few posts a month.

I just post a lot like him, having largely adopted his political philosophy (with some changes of my own of course).
By Vladimir
I have to say I prefer you being Dave's colonial domain to your former libertarianism.. :peace:
By MistyTiger
Talk to the related Minister.

That would be me. Send me a note with your concerns and I'll work on drafting a bill. Thank you.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]