60/20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
By Xenonx
I think that is the point, nice sig but it looks a little lopsided.
By Attica
I like how you make China's red look so bloody.

Mm, I think that's what I was getting at.
By Nets
Hopefully one day the ROC will regain control of the mainland.
By Attica
China is essentially capitalist, just with strong state involvement. Unlike the DPRK they have completely removed traditional Marxist beliefs of economics, yet they still pitch themselves as Communists and their authoritarian state ensures everyone thinks they are. :eek: :| The Nationalists were just as bad as the Communists during the war. But it would be very interesting to see how a democratic China would exist today. Currently writing an essay about the 100 days reforms, and damn their naivity and their dogmatic and speedy approach to implement their ideas....
By Donna
Tank Man will one day become a bigger Chinese icon than Mao.
By millie_(A)TCK
Isn't he already.

I bet you most people couldn't tell the difference between Mao and Kim Jung Il.
By Red_Army
I'm sure almost everyone in Asia could, do you mean most Americans, or white people or something?
By millie_(A)TCK
Apart from China, Korea and Burma, I doubt many people elsewhere would care enough to know.

I want your sig attica.
By Red_Army
Whatever, I don't think I've met many people who couldn't distinguish between Mao and Kim Jung Il, but I think you're going on a liberal-elitist spin, so I won't hold you back.
By ThereBeDragons
Red_Army wrote:I don't think I've met many people who couldn't distinguish between Mao and Kim Jung Il

Also is the case for me.
By Figlio di Moros
Red_Army wrote:Whatever, I don't think I've met many people who couldn't distinguish between Mao and Kim Jung Il, but I think you're going on a liberal-elitist spin, so I won't hold you back.

I probably couldn't tell the difference between Mao, Kim Jun Il, and watermoon; asian's asian.
By Attica
I bet you most people couldn't tell the difference between Mao and Kim Jung Il

Nah, most people can. You may get some confusion if Kim Il Sung's face was shown, but only because less people could identify him, rather than Mao. Then again, actually.. hmm.. thinking about it.. if you walked around a shopping mall... no wait, I won't even go there, it's too depressing.

[youtube]DJ3RrqBqk14[/youtube]

Do this anywhere in the world and you'd probably have similar responses. Oh god.
By Figlio di Moros
Attica wrote:Do this anywhere in the world and you'd probably have similar responses. Oh god.

I know, and I'm sick of this "US is full of dumbasses" meme that's been circulating for decades; I could go through downtown Sydney, Paris, Bonn, or Nagasaki and cut and paste enough dumbasses together to make those nations appear just as retarded themselves.
By Attica
There are ample arguments to say that a nation so large and powerful would have a population that is less interested in the outside world than it is itself. I think it's not bizarre or anti-American to suggest that many Americans are ignorant of things around the world because they are such a powerful and patriotic nation, for the average person, knowledge of anything outside of America can be pretty useless for them. For smaller nations, and for nations not so patriotic it's a different story. However, to take that idea and then say 'Americans are stupid' fails to take into account the multitude of intelligent people in the country, the global business and political leaders, the strains of intellectual theory from Jefferson to Friedman, etc. There are more people who have influenced the world from Boston alone, then there are from say, Denmark, as a whole. I'd be interested in doing that survey of questions (or similar ones) around different places in the world. It would be an experience I think.
By millie_(A)TCK
Whatever, I don't think I've met many people who couldn't distinguish between Mao and Kim Jung Il, but I think you're going on a liberal-elitist spin, so I won't hold you back.

Is it just me or have Americans in recent years been quick to lable people elitist?
By ThereBeDragons
millie_(A)TCK wrote:Is it just me or have Americans in recent years been quick to lable people elitist?

It's probably you.

Nobody is trying to distract from the humanitarian[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Again: nope. Putin in Feb 2022 only decided ... […]

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]