AK negligent discharge - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By ingliz
There is not much to say except, whatever you do, don't hand a loaded assault rifle to a chimpanzee:

[youtube]GhxqIITtTtU[/youtube]
By Potemkin
It has begun.... :eek:
By Thunderhawk
Rather then sprinting off and hoping there is cover that will stop ricochet and hoping it won't point the gun directly at a person, just shoot the chimp.
By Zerogouki
I love how after all the African dudes run away, the chimp raises the AK above its head and turns around, as if saying "yeah, who's the baddest motherfucker around NOW, bitches?"

Protip: the easiest way to subjugate Africa is to deploy chimps with Kalashnikov-pattern rifles.

EDIT: by the way, this is just a viral for the upcoming "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" movie.
By Thunderhawk
Protip: the easiest way to subjugate Africa is to deploy chimps with Kalashnikov-pattern rifles.

Nah, just hire some local leaders, equipment them to subjugate yet not destroy other local leaders and then squeeze for profits.

I wonder if Caesar will try this as well..
By Ombrageux
Idiots!

I like the chimps raised arms at the end: "Yeah, run you bitches!"
By Demosthenes
And they say dogs have the highest level of socialization intelligence with humans.

Clearly that chimp has seen humans doing a few things with AKs.

Serves them right for tormenting him in the beginning.
By Thunderhawk
Its a Rise of the Apes marketing piece.

I suspect its Caesar with the gun.

edit: or maybe its chimp infected with the intelligence virus..
Last edited by Thunderhawk on 11 Jul 2011 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
By grassroots1
Come on Demo, I thought you shot guns! It sounds like a friggin BB gun when the chimp shoots it off, of course it's fake.
By Demosthenes
Have you guys ever been around an AK firing?

It sounds authentic.

Whether anything else is fake or not I guess is up in the air.
By grassroots1
I haven't, I admit. But I have been around a .357 and a .45, and they were a lot friggin' louder than that thing.

You know, no hard feelings, just saying.
By Wolfman
The guy who posted it is named "apes will rise".

[youtube]GJM8asnj6JY[/youtube]
By Demosthenes
grassroots1 wrote:I haven't, I admit. But I have been around a .357 and a .45, and they were a lot friggin' louder than that thing.

You know, no hard feelings, just saying.

No, I don't care, and in retrospect the sound is authentic, just not for an AK actually. I really didn't pay that much attention to it until you mentioned it actually. The sound is likely from something smaller like a submachine gun probably firing pistol calibers.

I agree this is a clip of some kind for the new Planet of Apes, the bit at the beginning where it notes, clip 21 of 27 blah, blah, blah is most telling.
By War Angel
Looks and sounds fake. A fairly good fake, but still fake. There's no recoil (and it's a chimp - it's light and should have been knocked over) and the sound is too weak (although similar to a real AK-47) and monotonous.
By Ombrageux
Too bad, pretty funny though :p
By ingliz
(and it's a chimp - it's light and should have been knocked over)

Firing short bursts, I am not so sure, his trigger control was excellent.

An AK47 has only slightly more felt recoil than a M16A2, and an AK74 less, but I would have expected to see some muzzle climb as he was firing from the hip.

:p
By Potemkin
(and it's a chimp - it's light and should have been knocked over)

Chimps are enormously strong (about six or seven times stronger than an average human) and have a low centre of gravity. The recoil from an AK-47 is probably not going to knock a chimp over.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]