The Armed Forces Image Thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I think one of these is in order.

Try to use reliable image providers so that the images don't disappear in time. I suggest imgur or photobucket.

Obviously they can't be over 800x800 on this forum, try not to use thumbnail links. We want the images to be visible here without going to external sites.

I'll begin:

USA

Philippine Sea (June 18, 2006) – Aircraft Carriers USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63) and USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) sail in formation at the start of Exercise Valiant Shield 2006. Held in the Guam operating area June 19-23, the exercise includes 28 naval vessels. Nearly 300 aircraft and approximately 22,000 service members from the Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.

F-22 Raptors taxi April 10, 2011, during an operational readiness inspection at Langley Air Force Base, Va.

A 310th Fighter Squadron pilot connects an F-16 Fighting Falcon to a KC-135 Stratotanker for refueling

CHINA

Refurbished Carrier 'Shi Lang' finishing touches, set to launch in August. Construction of indigenous carrier has also started this year, with 2 set for completion by 2015. Last week China ordered 123 russian AL-31 jet engines.

Type 052 guided missile destroyer:

Houbei Class Stealth Missile Boats conducting exercise.

Song Class Diesel Electric Submarines during exercise.

A random land based artillery system, the SH-1 155mm howitzer truck:
By Xbow
Igor I know how much you like the Kirov's so I wish I could post images but at the moment I can't (yellow card). You'll have to be satisfied with links and resize and post them if you desire to do so.
Kirov
Frunze
Kalinin
Yury Andropov
P-700 Granit Missile Launch
Kirov Class Gun and Auto-Loader Action Video
All the links work now but you never know about tomorrow. I'll post more when I get off the yellow...its nice to see the old girls coming out of mothballs
By Igor Antunov
Nice pics. I hate it when they leave the rust on there, but it's a weekly job and I guess they had more pressing concerns at the time.
By Godstud
CF-18s on patrol over CFB Cold Lake
Leopard 2A6M on patrol near Kandahar
Leopard 2A6M
OK... so I like the Leopard 2A6M :D
That's just too fucking cool!! CF-18 Cold Lake Cougar Squadron
Last edited by Godstud on 17 Jul 2011 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
By Igor Antunov
It would be nice if you labeled each pic, even if it is redundant half the time. Makes it more interesting if we have something to read with each image.
By Godstud
Right click on a pic somewhere and Copy Image Location then outline it and hit the Img button. Some pics WILL be too big to do this.
By Igor Antunov
Use imgur. Upload image(s) (no matter the size) and then you can resize them from within the site.

Anyway, a new batch:

USA

The amphibious transport dock ship USS San Antonio (LPD 17) transits through the Suez Canal. San Antonio is deployed as part of the Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike Group supporting maritime security operations in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of responsibility.

The multi-purpose amphibious assault ship USS Iwo Jima (LHD 7) transits the Suez Canal. Iwo Jima is deployed as the flagship of the Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike Group.

The guided-missile destroyer USS Ramage (DDG 61), the amphibious dock landing ship USS Carter Hall (LSD 50) and the guided-missile destroyer USS Roosevelt (DDG 80) transit the Suez Canal. Ramage, Carter Hall and Roosevelt are deployed as part of the Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike Group.

Yummy deck shot of USS Dwight D Esienhower CVN-69. They sure do cram that thing with as many aircraft as they can.

Japan

JMSDF Kongo Class.

Britain

Very busy deck on invincible class carrier.

Challenger 2 in Oman.

China

PLZ-05 155mm SPH.

WZ-9 Attack Helicopter.

South Korea

New MBT, based on the French leclerc.
By Igor Antunov
China

071 LPD. 2 complete, 2 more in serial production and expect many more.

Capacity: 15-20 armoured vehicles
Troops: 500-800 troops
Complement: 120

Sensors and
processing systems:
• 1 × Type 360 Radar Seagull S, E/F-band surface search radar
• 1 × Type 364 Radar, Seagull C, G-band air search radar aft
• 1 × Type 344 Radar, I band fire control radar
• 1 × navigational radar

Armament:
• 1 × AK-176 76 mm (3.0 in) gun
• 4 × AK-630 30 mm (1.2 in) CIWS
• 4 × 18-tube Type 726-4 decoy/chaff launcher
• Possible installation of 2-4 heavy machine guns

Aircraft carried: 2-4 Z-8 Super Frelon

The China State Shipbuilding and Trading Corp. consortium offered to build a modified Type 071 for the Royal Malaysian Navy. The Malaysians had a requirement for a 13,000 ton LPD; the Type 071 would cost a third of the US-built San Antonio-class LPD.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... yuzhao.htm

Also, first Helicopter carrier has been laid down in Hudong and is currently under construction. Many to come, stay tuned for pics.

(wow what happened to the image size limitations, my pic is actually big.)
By Wolfman
This image is too big to post, and I don't feel like resizing it. It's from a US Military Exercise somewhere are the North Pole.
By Cartertonian
Obviously my experience of the Armed Forces is represented by a somewhat less grandiose collection than the picture some of the previous stirring images paint.

However, a reality check is occasionally of benefit... ;)

Rear of a C17 Globemaster, prepped for strategic aeromedical evacuation.

Patient transfer from Landrover Battlefield Ambulance to C130-J Hercules.

Patient secured for flight.

GS 110 Landrover MERT crew vehicle on HLS with Chinook.

Lifesaving pre-hospital emergency care being delivered in the rear of a Chinook.

;)
By Xbow
Cartertonian wrote:Obviously my experience of the Armed Forces is represented by a somewhat less grandiose collection than the picture some of the previous stirring images paint.

However, a reality check is occasionally of benefit..

Very true. I doubt many hyper patriotic wall street war mongers relish (or would even consider) visiting a burn ward or the facial reconstruction wing of a veterans hospital. In fact those places seem to be off limits for those types including dumb flag waving citizens. Clearly those are places and people that should be kept out of sight lest they have a negative effect on the march towards conflict.
Image◄◄◄I guess that's why I admire this guy so much GenSDB
Note: isnt it amazing that there was resistance in congress and the VA to approving PTSD treatment and assistance to members of MASH units?
/////////////
In any case►►► Admiral Gorshkov is transformed into the INS Vikramaditya
ImageImage
More detailed pix of the rebuild in progress Here
By Godstud
Too bad aircraft carriers are so obsolete, Igor. ;)
By Igor Antunov
In the great power context, utterly obsolete.

That does not mean that one can't bully some sprites with them, and quite effectively too.
The guided missile destroyers USS Fitzgerald (DDG 62) and USS McCampbell (DDG 85) maneuver with the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) destroyer Guangzhou off the coast of North Sulawesi, Indonesia, following an international fleet review that commemorated the 64th anniversary of Indonesian independence.

PLA Navy (includes most amphibious support ships, does not include most littoral combat vessels). This took a while to make. Was going to do US navy too but too many ships, can't be bothered. :lol:

I thought this tread would die now you are retired and don't past on weekdays Igor

:D
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]