2012 Pofo Citizenship Poll (II) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What Continent do you live on?

North America
44%
South America/The Caribbean
5%
Europe
40%
Africa
2%
Middle East
4%
Asia
2%
Australia and Oceania
2%
The Moon (Other)
2%
North America for citizenship.
North America for residence.

Citizenship and residence is not the same thing.
You also forgot central America.
North America.

An interesting question would be how many continents one has set foot on.
North America for residence.
North America for citizenship. (it would be North America and Africa for residence if Canada offered dual citizenship with Benin)

Far-Right Sage wrote:An interesting question would be how many continents one has set foot on.

North America/Central America (but not South America), Europe, Asia, and Africa.
South America/Caribbean, though that's kind of retarded as geographically the Caribbean is part of North America (as is Central America).

Far-Right Sage wrote:An interesting question would be how many continents one has set foot on.

Two. Seven countries.
though that's kind of retarded as geographically the Caribbean is part of North America (as is Central America)

It's been my impression, though, that the Caribbean and Central America are both culturally part of South America. This is where I was coming from.
Publius wrote:It's been my impression, though, that the Caribbean and Central America are both culturally part of South America.

Central America and portions of the Caribbean are culturally part of Latin America (as is South America), which is precisely why the label "Central America" exists in the first place -- otherwise North America would simply run down to the Isthmus of Panama. Attaching them to South America is just weird though.

Most of the Caribbean is not part of Latin America, however.
Geographically Europe (Eastern Thrace)
Morally Anatolian (Anatolia is a different region for me)

I selected Europe anyway.
Last edited by Devrim on 24 Feb 2012 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Central America and portions of the Caribbean are culturally part of Latin America (as is South America), which is precisely why the label "Central America" exists in the first place -- otherwise North America would simply run down to the Isthmus of Panama. Attaching them to South America is just weird though.

Point conceded. However, if I change it now the poll will reset, so we'll have to just ignore this minor problem.
North America

All aside from Penguintopia, though I've only been to one country in Africa and Oceania. I've been to several in South America, Europe, and Asia.
Harold Saxon wrote:All aside from Penguintopia

Well, that's not so bad if you've been to Pinguintopia instead.

Had a permanent residence on 4 different continents, visited a 5th twice.
Got a brother who lived on that continent I visited
And a sister who lived on a continent I still should visit.

Its in our blood

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]