Was Jesus Christ a Good Person? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Was Jesus Christ a Good Person?

Yes
53%
No
11%
Other
36%
^ I don't understand this attitude either. If you are an athiest or agnostic, then by all means say so. Support it even. But there is no need, no call to belittle others who have a different opinion nor to belittle the belief. At the end of the day, no one has proof one way or the other. Its all belief.
Stormsmith wrote:^ I don't understand this attitude either. If you are an athiest or agnostic, then by all means say so. Support it even. But there is no need, no call to belittle others who have a different opinion nor to belittle the belief. At the end of the day, no one has proof one way or the other. Its all belief.

I know right. I never understood why Christians went around slaughtering an entire continent that didn't believe either. Now they have to put up with people being rude to them on the internet. It's so unfair.

When will these atheists realize that their non-belief is belief too. They're sooo arrogant.
ped2000 wrote:I rest my case

What case? You've said nothing. Your recent posts are just arrogant pseudo-musings.

Stormsmith wrote:^ I don't understand this attitude either. If you are an athiest or agnostic, then by all means say so. Support it even. But there is no need, no call to belittle others who have a different opinion nor to belittle the belief. At the end of the day, no one has proof one way or the other. Its all belief.

New Atheism has attracted a whole slew of young, impressionable, internet nerds. This is all quite similar to lolbertarianism; both have attracted the worse breed of idiots.
Vera Politica wrote:What case? You've said nothing. Your recent posts are just arrogant pseudo-musings.

New Atheism has attracted a whole slew of young, impressionable, internet nerds. This is all quite similar to lolbertarianism; both have attracted the worse breed of idiots.

Aww, someones butthurt. You going to give me another warning too princess?
ped2000 wrote:So it's a pattern. Might tell you something about you then....

Lovely. :roll: It really is quite true that the quality of PoFo's new users goes down during election season.

As for the poll, I voted Other. It is impossible to tell whether Jesus was a good person based upon the sources that we have, owing to the agendas of their various authors.
J Oswald wrote:Lovely. :roll: It really is quite true that the quality of PoFo's new users goes down during election season.

As for the poll, I voted Other. It is impossible to tell whether Jesus was a good person based upon the sources that we have, owing to the agendas of their various authors.

Oh I'm sorry did I offended the high quality posters such as yourself?
I mean what with that brilliant treatise you posted there. :lol:
It is impossible to tell whether Jesus was a good person based upon the sources that we have, owing to the agendas of their various authors.
What? The agenda was to impose Jesus "the sign" onto some hypopthetical historical character - who just happened to be around and not doing anything else that day? Jesus the sign is what Jesus the hypothetical man produced. This is why I call it impolite and ignorant - not because of obvious freaks like ped - everyone has some warped opinion which they aren't even very interested in. It's not like picking a favorite color, and the whole topic of a historical Jesus is beside the point. If you aren't and have never been a practicing Christian why would you think you know anything at all about it?
ped2000 wrote:I know right. I never understood why Christians went around slaughtering an entire continent that didn't believe either. Now they have to put up with people being rude to them on the internet. It's so unfair.

When will these atheists realize that their non-belief is belief too. They're sooo arrogant.

FTR, warfare is common to all people, regardless of religious belief, or lack thereof. Arabs, Moors, and Carthiginians raided and conquored European countires long before Christianity existed, and by the looks of things, its still on-going. Ghengis Khan, Caesar, and so on had little to do with Christianity, other than to wage war on them, sometime incidently, sometime intentionally.

Wars happen. Some are justifable, some are not. Either way, it doesn't justify acting like a four year old who isn't getting enough attention from the adults, so wets on the carpet to gain notice.

As to behaving rudely: That's your call. If you wish people to believe you were made with a broad vulgarian stripe, carry on. If you want people to think of you as self-controlled, mature and rational, then you might want to change your approach. Your call.
J Oswald wrote:Lovely. :roll: It really is quite true that the quality of PoFo's new users goes down during election season.

Normally I'm a great fan of your pithy wisdom Oswald, but I have to be honest this is one of your duller posts.
I personally wouldn't say war is inherently embarrassing. So which war are you not a fan of ped?

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]